CC :: Durham v Sussex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decent squad

Smith bowled on 2
Richardson lbw 4

For the seconds down in essex!

Keeping young lads at the club on shite money and people complain about people moving on. Hope Franklin and co continue to be ruthless if things aren’t working

Last edited:
Decent squad

Smith bowled on 2
Richardson lbw 4

For the seconds down in essex!

Keeping young lads at the club on shite money and people complain about people moving on. Hope Franklin and co continue to be ruthless if things aren’t working
I don't think that anyone could say that Durham don't give youngsters a chance but when players were lured away for bigger money we had to retain some experience. Smith and Richardson both have career averaged over 30-that's not sh*** particularly when you play half your games at the Riverside.

I like your team Brandon but still no need to play to wicket keepers. People talking up Eckersley but he did get released by Leicester. He can't be that good.

He was on a massive wedge at Leicestershire and they have a couple of young wickies coming through. It wasn't really down to ability but circumstance.

Squad vs Sussex (11-14 April)
Cameron Bancroft (c), Alex Lees, Cameron Steel, Gareth Harte, Jack Burnham, Graham Clark, Ned Eckersley (wk), Liam Trevaskis, Ben Raine, James Weighell, Matt Salisbury, Chris Rushworth, Oliver Gibson

Richardson, Smith & Poynter dropped.
Ollie Gibson from shotley bridge. Really nice lad but not sure he is Durham first team material yet?

He is a year or two older than my lad if it’s the same lad.

This is what happens when you have no money ie lads get brought in quicker than they should. Best of luck to the lad though.

i'd go along with that squad
Durham won’t be getting promoted with that squad. Not a chance. We seem to have lost the plot and we clearly have no money.

Last edited:
Agreed, million miles off even challenging.

Will be down tomorrow though, got the rest of the week off work
I think the bairn might be down.

It’s pitiful now like. The club are clearly absolutely skint and between the former durham supremo and the ecb Durham ccc has been destroyed.

It’s a long way back and unless they come up with some money it’ll be some years before we are back in division 1 never mind seeing the halcyon di Venuto and Benkenstein days

They are now a very distant memory.

Very sad. The squad looks awful.

Ollie Gibson from shotley bridge. Really nice lad but not sure he is Durham first team material yet?

He is a year or two older than my lad if it’s the same lad.

This is what happens when you have no money ie lads get brought in quicker than they should. Best of luck to the lad though.

Durham won’t be getting promoted with that squad. Not a chance. We seem to have lost the plot and we clearly have no money.
Depends. If Durham had more cash, and they now clearly have more than a couple of years ago, what should they do with it.

Should they buy in players?

Personally I'd rather we promoted home growns ahead of buying. Brandon's team selection for the Sussex gameonly had 5 players (including Raine) who came through Durham's academy only 1 was a batsman, not good enough imho.

Would more cash help the academy? It looks to me it's been going through a bit of a lean spell in the last few years.

Depends. If Durham had more cash, and they now clearly have more than a couple of years ago, what should they do with it.

Should they buy in players?

Personally I'd rather we promoted home growns ahead of buying. Brandon's team selection for the Sussex gameonly had 5 players (including Raine) who came through Durham's academy only 1 was a batsman, not good enough imho.

Would more cash help the academy? It looks to me it's been going through a bit of a lean spell in the last few years.
The next year or two you are going too see almost undoubtedly
Lads like sol bell and Johnny bushnell: lads that I’ve seen come through the ranks since under 11s

These are really talented cricketers but we all know what the obvious dangers are with this. They get thrown in before they are ready and their confidence is destroyed.

I hope it doesn’t happen but fear it will

It was nice too see Ross greenwell get a game the other week. Know his dad and Ross is a hugely talented lad who is very dedicated to the sport

I just hope that these lads are given a fair crack of the whip because at this level it’s a very hard and cruel sport

I’ll watch out for how Ollie Gibson does this week and wish him the best of luck. He’s a really nice lad and a good bowler. Best of luck son.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bri
I’ll watch out for how Ollie Gibson does this week and wish him the best of luck. He’s a really nice lad and a good bowler. Best of luck son.

I don’t think he comes on here mate, but I imagine all he’ll be doing is carrying the drinks.

-2.5 this morning when I started the car, sounds about right for the CLS season opener :lol:

Reactions: Bri
Greetings from sunny CLS...its not too bad at all in the sun but if you're choosing to sit in the pavilion then you're a long way from the wicket.

All seats reinstalled in Trapdoor but of course its closed as is Austin's which is being refurbished and wont be opening until May-nowt like forward planning eh kids?:oops:

Greetings from sunny CLS...its not too bad at all in the sun but if you're choosing to sit in the pavilion then you're a long way from the wicket.

All seats reinstalled in Trapdoor but of course its closed as is Austin's which is being refurbished and wont be opening until May-nowt like forward planning eh kids?:oops:

The Castle View Suite is open in place of Austins in fairness.

Cameron Bancroft (c)
Alex Lees
Cameron Steel
Gareth Harte
Jack Burnham
Ned Eckersley (wk)
Liam Trevaskis
Ben Raine
James Weighell
Matt Salisbury
Chris Rushworth

No toss, Durham bat.

Would like an extra bat, is Harte sharp enough to be a 4th seamer?

Cameron Bancroft (c)
Alex Lees
Cameron Steel
Gareth Harte
Jack Burnham
Ned Eckersley (wk)
Liam Trevaskis
Ben Raine
James Weighell
Matt Salisbury
Chris Rushworth

No toss, Durham bat.

Would like an extra bat, is Harte sharp enough to be a 4th seamer?
Looked ok last week, better than I remembered from last season. 5th seamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back