CC :: Durham v Sussex

Been a poor day all round on the sporting front
Won’t go down tomorrow as barring a bowling miracle which is very unlikely seeing that Sussex bat deep this will be another win against a north east team at a canter even when initially the north east team had struggled to achieve parity only to be ultimately blown away by superior power

Well unless they make a genuine attempt to improve the standard of the pitches it is going to be like this all season with Durham batting first. Plenty of other matches in this round where the toss had been contested.
It will be interesting to see if the wicket for Wednesday is as slow as this one.

I always stop until the end but left at 5pm as I was bloody freezing and couldn't be arsed to hang around any longer.

With the exception of Harte it was another day to forget.

The writing is on the wall for Durham unless they change something. They will be bottom 3, no doubt as it stands.

They will be rock bottom.Ive seen all the Durham wooden spoon teams and unfortunately the 2019 side look well on their way to joining the ranks.

Last edited:
That batting line up is shocking and their inability to play the situation is schoolboy at best.

If we continue with these pitches we will see the lowest points taken at home in a season since the Larkin days

Just got home. We were crap.

Too much antipodean bullyboy shite like getting out trying to boss the bowling, when the conditions weren't suitable for it, and aggressively shying at the stumps when the batsman was well in his ground.

Despite the arcitic temperature I managed to get sunburned.

Think that was a consequence of the first days play when we were far far too careful and defensive, over compensated

Well unless they make a genuine attempt to improve the standard of the pitches it is going to be like this all season with Durham batting first. Plenty of other matches in this round where the toss had been contested.
It will be interesting to see if the wicket for Wednesday is as slow as this one.

There are some massive scores around the country like, our games have been a glaring omission.

I’ll be an optimist for a second

Lees - has some pedigree and has started ok
Steel - young and reasonable record, more to come surely
Bancroft - sandpaper aside, he’s clearly a cricketer
Harte - excellent start to the season. Seemingly can bat time
Burnham - Big season for him. Lots of talent. Needs to prove it

I’m fully aware that this is a glass half full post. But from the position we had them, we should have won this game

Back