CC : Durham v Glamorgan

Have to say Patel was beyond disappointing in this game. He never looked like taking a wicket.

Going to be hard to win games minus Potts as he is on England drinks carrying duties as he will only play if 2/3 injuries.

Disappointed after getting a wicket in the first over
A lot of players and spectators getting hot and bothered with little or no reward
But hey ho they didn’t get beat in a game that illustrates that loads of runs does not always equate to an exciting game

A little disappointing we couldn't force the win especially after getting rid of Carlsen in the first over however if you had offered me the chance of a 13 point draw at the beginning of the match I would have gladly taken it ( even more so at tea time on Sunday!)

Just nice to be sitting in glorious sunshine for four days as well.

32 points clear after that Sussex Vs Worcestershire draw. I'd have settled for that on Sunday morning
We've actually extended our lead over Sussex and Worcestershire

Last edited:
I’m a bit disappointed but agree with a few posts above. I would have settled for a draw Sunday night and defeat looked more likely by Monday lunchtime. The team did a great job to get into a winning position but just couldn’t make it happen in the end. Fair play to Cooke and Van de Gutten who both dug in and fought very hard for a draw. Can’t win them all.

Got to laugh at a comment on social media

"Terry Bradbury
Never looked like winning, so will take the draw... roll on Friday T20"

They were 33-7 at one point today, I honestly despair at some of the comments I've read recently when we don't win a game. Astounding.
**apologises if Terry posts on here, but haway man this shit needs calling out, absolutely ridiculous comments".

Last edited:
Disappointing result in the end. I did think we'd win this match, but there you go..... Glammy dug in and refused to be rolled by the new ball for what would have been the second time in the match, so we have to give them credit for that. I heard that Carse and Coughlin will be available for the next match, but I don't know how true that is.
I presume we still had attacking fields on the final day, so it would have interesting to see what would have happened if Glamorgan had batted at a higher tempo and maybe set us a target of 7 or 8 an over for 20 or 25 overs at the end. After all the talk about not playing for draws you'd have to think we'd have taken a tough chase on and that might have opened the door for a surprise Glamorgan win........ but they don't appear to have been interested in anything other than playing out for 5 points
Would we have tried to set them a target if the roles were reversed? I don't know. Under this new regime.... maybe

Back