CC : Durham v Glamorgan

We briefly return to red ball cricket this Sunday after a three week break (seems longer) when we host Glamorgan at the Riverside. After three wins in a row we stand 29 points clear at the top of the table and 39 points clear of Worcs and Glamorgan in joint third. Our visitors have a record of 1 win and 5 draws from their 6 games. It's fair to say that had it not been for the inclement weather at Cardiff earlier in the season we would be even further ahead.

There's question marks over the starting XI for both sides. I've heard from MITK that Coughlin has said he'll be OK for this game and while I've seen Bedders out and about around the ground when the 2nds were playing he wasn't in the nets. Carse of course is out for 2 months and Pottsy is in the Ashes squad.

Glamorgan have seen Labuschagne join the Aussies squad (predicted) along with Neser (not predicted) and a couple of days ago their site was saying opener Byrom has a hip injury, captain Lloyd is out with a hamstring, Bevan has a shoulder injury and they were waiting on results on our new nemesis Carlson (of 1980s mullet infamy) to see if the finger injury he suffered in their recent T20 match v Sussex was a fracture or a dislocation. Van der Gugten however is due to return.

Weather? Well it's supposed to be warm as the wind direction eventually changes from the NE to a more southerly although this will bring potential thunderstorms.

Let's hope for a cracking game and another Durham win and who knows we may be allowed in the Trapdoor so we can build our own beer snakes although in our case it may consist of thermos flasks instead

Haway The Lads !!!

We briefly return to red ball cricket this Sunday after a three week break (seems longer) when we host Glamorgan at the Riverside. After three wins in a row we stand 29 points clear at the top of the table and 39 points clear of Worcs and Glamorgan in joint third. Our visitors have a record of 1 win and 5 draws from their 6 games. It's fair to say that had it not been for the inclement weather at Cardiff earlier in the season we would be even further ahead.

There's question marks over the starting XI for both sides. I've heard from MITK that Coughlin has said he'll be OK for this game and while I've seen Bedders out and about around the ground when the 2nds were playing he wasn't in the nets. Carse of course is out for 2 months and Pottsy is in the Ashes squad.

Glamorgan have seen Labuschagne join the Aussies squad (predicted) along with Neser (not predicted) and a couple of days ago their site was saying opener Byrom has a hip injury, captain Lloyd is out with a hamstring, Bevan has a shoulder injury and they were waiting on results on our new nemesis Carlson (of 1980s mullet infamy) to see if the finger injury he suffered in their recent T20 match v Sussex was a fracture or a dislocation. Van der Gugten however is due to return.

Weather? Well it's supposed to be warm as the wind direction eventually changes from the NE to a more southerly although this will bring potential thunderstorms.

Let's hope for a cracking game and another Durham win and who knows we may be allowed in the Trapdoor so we can build our own beer snakes although in our case it may consist of thermos flasks instead

Haway The Lads !!!
Coughlin told me personally that he would be back for the Leicestershire CC game.

Haway The Lads !!!
Will the Members area be in danger from any possible Mike Llewellyn esque hitting 🤔😉

Excellent opening salvo TRT :cool:

Interesting comments you make about Bedingham, I didn’t think whatever he was dealing with would be too much of an issue given he’s not obviously injured to look at (no crutches, pots, slings, etc!). Great news about Coughlin if true, the more senior bowlers we have available the better.

The overseas question intrigues me for this week though, especially if Bedingham may not be available. Is there scope to have Parnell playing in this game if Bedingham can’t go? With Potts and Carse out, we lack a new ball/raw pace option - someone like him would fit in lovely if he and the club can come to an agreement on it. I know historically it’s not something we’ve done, a number of times we’ve had players over for the T20 and when the odd CC game has been sandwiched into the middle of the campaign we’ve not entertained the idea, but given how well it’s gone this year, the chance to bring an international quality bowler into the side (to fill in for the three we have but who are unavailable) to help boost our promotion chances is intriguing if nothing else.

It appears Glamorgan have similar (if not worse) selection problems to us, but they were still one of the favourites from the start of the season and shouldn’t be taken lightly. I’ll be down for Day 2 & 3 at the least, be nice to keep the momentum going.

Ha’way Durham!

Going to get down for the first day all being well. Think Glamorgan may drop off a little bit now Labuschange and Nesser have joined up with the Australian squad.

If required i wonder which one of the young seamers get the chance to play.
Killeen back fit and bowling,Mcallindon the one with the experience and Robinson who has come from nowhere and bowled well in the t20.

Haway The Lads !!!
When did Carse get injured? Heard on the commentary at the weekend that he's progressing better than expected

Haway The Lads !!!
We've got 4 questions marks for our XI. Bedders,Coughlin fitness. Potts with England and then De Leede Netherlands world cup qualifier involvement.

Lees
Jones
Borthwick
?
Robinson
Clark
?
Raine
?
?
Patel

Who comes in if all of those names aren't involved. Bushnell instead of De Leede? 2 of Kileen McAlindon and Robinson in for Coughlin/Potts?

Would McKinney come in for Bedders?

Last edited:
Don't think we've got any choice but to play de Leede. Tbh he's looked more impressive in the Red ball than his favoured white ball cricket.
Netherlands have warmups 13th and 15th and first proper game is the 20th.

Do we have the choice to keep him potentially till the 14th. Seeing as he's got to fly out to Zimbabwe.

No doubts about him playing if he's still here like. As you say done well in redball so far.

Last edited:
Netherlands have warmups 13th and 15th and first proper game is the 20th.

Do we have the choice to keep him potentially till the 14th. Seeing as he's got to fly out to Zimbabwe.
Oops - I'd forgotten about his Netherlands commitments :oops:. From what I've seen of the 2nds this season then McAlindon would get the nod from me ahead of Killeen. Bushnell to fill in for de Leede. Coughlin is of course the enigma - has a habit of getting injured during the warm up sessions so goodness know if he'll even last the match if picked.

Oops - I'd forgotten about his Netherlands commitments :oops:. From what I've seen of the 2nds this season then McAlindon would get the nod from me ahead of Killeen. Bushnell to fill in for de Leede. Coughlin is of course the enigma - has a habit of getting injured during the warm up sessions so goodness know if he'll even last the match if picked.
Is the Drizzler worth a outside bet 🤔

Back