Cattermole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cattermole has been outstanding for Sunderland.

The criticism on here has been pitiful. Rotten core, carthorse, discipline problems etc.

Has he been the best player? No of course not.
He doesn’t shirk a challenge leads by example and is a real leader within our team.
If he was class he’d never have been with us.

Should be first name on our team sheet. Outstanding attitude towards our club.

The criticism on here has been pitiful. Rotten core, carthorse, discipline problems etc.

He doesn’t shirk a challenge leads by example and is a real leader within our team.

Good post

That is really lovely to see.

I’m not always his biggest fan, but credit where it’s due that really is good to see.

I thought he spoke well after the game too.
Just posted this elsewhere. Was totally not prepared for watching that after a shit night’s sleep because of a bad back.

Well that’s what I’m blaming my fragile emotional state on anyways...
There must be something in my eye.
It’s just so good to see team mates like that

I think outstanding is over the top. He’s had moments where he’s been good, but his time here has been one of decline both personally and for us as a club. He’s not covered himself in glory on and off the pitch many times.

His desire and will to win are to his credit however and it’s nice to see his compassion and show of support to his teammate and fellow human being going through a very tough time personally in this instance. One who he has clashed with in the past.

There must be something in my eye.
It’s just so good to see team mates like that
agreed

Last edited:
I think outstanding is over the top. He’s had moments where he’s been good, but his time here has been one of decline both personally and for us as a club. He’s not covered himself in glory on and off the pitch many times.

His desire and will to win are to his credit however and it’s nice to see his compassion and show of support to his teammate and fellow human being going through a very tough time personally in this instance. One who he has clashed with in the past.

Outstanding with his attitude.
You’d expect any co worker to show compassion on an occasion like this.
He’s frustrated me on occasions but overall he’s been a loyal servant for us.
People forget that others have come, got paid, didn’t give a shit and fucked off.
He hasn’t. Deserves all the credit we can give him

People forget that others have come, got paid, didn’t give a shit and fucked off.
He is currently a big asset but let’s not forget he would have fucked off if he had any chance of getting anywhere near the money he gets at Sunderland -not a penny left behind.

Glad to have him at the minute though and he can probably still be ok next season should we get promoted

It was only last summer he was under fire for what his agent said about not leaving so I’ll not go overboard on his loyalty.

I’ve been frustrated too lots of times and there are other questions marks for me but this isn’t the thread so suffice to say his desire and will to win are admirable and this is nice to see.

Refreshing to see so many (rightly) positive comments about him. Always given his all for us. Looking back at some of the toxic players we’ve had over the past 10 or so years I’ve never understood how people could conclude that he was part of the problem, rotten core etc. Like others have said - rightfully has been first name on the team sheet for most of his time here.

If any fans did end up attacking Catts, Grant or Max they'd have lost, however hard or big they were.
We actually do have 3 hard men in midfield.

Need them to convert their fighting skills to football more often though. They’ve been out muscled too many times.

Need them to convert their fighting skills to football more often though. They’ve been out muscled too many times.
It's a problem throughout the squad and they are our biggest midfielders available. Unfortunately it's even more apparent when McGeogh, Gooch and Honeyman are on the pitch together....crap teams with big lads just blew them away; I think the Shrewsbury game?

Went up in my estimation massively when he stepped forward to take the penalty at Wembley. Always seem better with him in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back