Carrick

He’s not had a bad start, mind. Took a team looking as flat as a fart and got 2 wins and a draw from 3 very tough games.
Ricky Sbragia didn't have a bad start with us, Ole didn't have a bad start at Man Utd. If one of the problems people have with Johnson is that he's never had a side promoted then why on earth would Carrick be the answer.
He was interviewed by Micky Gray on TalkSport2 during HT of our game and he mentioned enjoying the different things he's been learning as manager and hoped to carry that on with Rangnick.

The last thing I heard was that Rangnick wasn't bringing his own people in because the new guy in the summer would so why clear all the staff out to do the same in 6 months.

Last edited:

Ah so we accept what we have. Then we’ll never get above the 3rd tier! Show some ambition man!
The term “can’t be any worse than what we already have” isn’t showing ambition, it’s showing the person hasn’t got a plan & doesn’t really know what they’re talking about. Shit’s went wrong, I’ll just try something different without thinking it through.

That post wasn’t just aimed at you by the way. There’s numerous posts advocating the starting of young’uns who we’ve never seen play cos “how could it be any worse”. Guess what, it could get worse & we’ve got worse year after year for too long.
Isn't that what we're doing? Hence Streaky.
Do you mean are we just throwing shit at the wall appointing Johnson? Or the fact we don’t seem to have a settled side (injuries don’t help like).

Wouldn’t have appointed Johnson myself. However, I sort of understand they wanted someone who embraces this whole “process” thing. I’d like to think we’ve maybe got an eye on someone to fit the culture or process we’re trying to get up & going with data & player recruitment who would be better, but I don’t know who that would be just yet. So until that person is identified, no point in reacting. My main problem with Johnson is, I just can’t fit the life of me see how he’ll motivate a dressing room.

Last edited:
You might be right mate, suppose everyone will just have a definition of it. I would see a servant as someone who gave something up to stay at their club. Don't think Carrick did really. Gave up England but to be fair that was for his own good as he was suffering from depression with being away so long etc. Absolutely fair reason like and hats off to him for making the right choice for himself. I just wouldn't call him a servant myself. Mind others would just say anyone who gives years of service is a servant and I'd struggle to argue with that definition, which Carrick definitely ticks so I'll just shut up now
Fair mate, opinions are why we love it and I see yours as a reasonable counter.

More successful punts on Smith, Keane and to a degree Reid than on relatively high profile appointments like Coleman, Moyes and McMenemy.
I would be happy with a good old Reidy and Sacko duo who boot some backsides and get us our of this pub league

I know some of his school mates who he always looked after ever since he became a pro.

Shunned the celebrity life style mainly and never forgot his roots.
I went to school with him, cracking lad. The only downside is I think he and other ex pros could have done more to save the original Wallsend boys club from being knocked down. He sponsored a league for a few quid but it was such an integral part of the community the small indoor 5 a side pitch. The money they all have and how highly it was regarded, it would have cost nothing to save.

Just my opinion, but I probably don't know all the ins and outs of it.

Back