Carragher ‘whats going on at Sunderland’

Status
Not open for further replies.
how can any Sunderland fans like carragher merson stelling week in week out they seem to gloat about the situation the clubs in and take enjoyment when we concede a goal North East football has been a laughing stock for year's by the likes of these commentators I can remember the mags chucking the league away and as rival fans we had the right to gloat but some of the pundits and commentators seemed to get off on it laughing when the mags lost and applauding man utd wins the media has been anti North East football for year's now if the Newcastle takeover gets the go ahead they will be shiting themselves.

how can any Sunderland fans like carragher merson stelling week in week out they seem to gloat about the situation the clubs in and take enjoyment when we concede a goal North East football has been a laughing stock for year's by the likes of these commentators I can remember the mags chucking the league away and as rival fans we had the right to gloat but some of the pundits and commentators seemed to get off on it laughing when the mags lost and applauding man utd wins the media has been anti North East football for year's now if the Newcastle takeover gets the go ahead they will be shiting themselves.

<<<<None of this happened. They don't seem to gloat at all....theyre just biased towards Liverpool, Man Utd or Arsenal or who ever they played for, they don't gloat ffs. Theyre not anti-north east either.....stelling supports Hartlepool.

There pro Newcastle if anything With Keith Downie, Peter Graves pushing all Newcastle agenda as much as possible and I’d say one of the main reason SD brought in Dave Jones was to make sure there isn’t any negative coverage on Sky, as he knew it would be coming it’s worked as nothing been said about all the negative media coverage of Our club recently I’d say.

You reckon Rodwell is now “in charge”, seriously?
So he will make major decisions above Donald and Methven’s heads, without their say so?
Let’s all hope that the bloke turns out to be an excellent appointment fir the club but the record of other clubs whilst he was with them is not even average to put it diplomatically.
Let’s see if his first duties include replacing the Eastleigh Mafia including the academy manager Paul Reid and Richard Hill etc., people who neither live permanently in the area or have the pedigree to be at SAFC.
He should also be suggesting that the club appoint a go ahead, charismatic manager as Phil Parkinson is a downgrade on Jack Ross whom the owners deemed not good enough.
We have gone backwards under Parkinson and look like we will pay for it with another season in footballs backwaters.

He is the CEO. He is in charge of the day to day running following a corporate strategy. That’s how business works.

Rather a patronising reply.
Corporate strategy at SAFC right now? Would you like to explain what it is then?
You truly think Rodwell will make decisions without any sort of consultation with Donald and Methven?

On a day to day business yes. Especially since Methven is no longer actively involved in the club. He'll be given a remit and funding, etc., and told to run the club and judged every few months or whenever by Donald. Do you really think that the Arabs who own City attend weekly board meetings to determine whether to open a new club shop in some Manchester suburb? Honestly man

On a day to day business yes. Especially since Methven is no longer actively involved in the club. He'll be given a remit and funding, etc., and told to run the club and judged every few months or whenever by Donald. Do you really think that the Arabs who own City attend weekly board meetings to determine whether to open a new club shop in some Manchester suburb? Honestly man
I’m talking about Rodwell making major decisions without consulting the owners.
Comparing our behind the scenes decision making set up with Man City’s is hilarious, with due respect. We currently struggle to compete with Fleetwood and Wycombe.
Finally on this subject, as you are as entitled to your opinion as anyone and I’m not going to prolong it, but if you think Charlie Methven is, to quote you, “no longer actively involved in the club” you are kidding yourself. He is still VERY active, make absolutely no mistake about that. He supposedly left in December for ‘personal reasons’, which coincidentally came directly after his delightful comments about the ‘Sunderland disease’ at the well publicised RAWA meeting where he also said that it is well known in football that there is a problem with our fan base and that “it isn’t attractive to potential investors”. So we were then told he was leaving, clearly thinking the thick northerners who didn’t understand business would fall for it, but recently post STID 2 in particular he has been giving media interviews left, right and centre, and since his supposed departure has attended most matches home and away which all goes to illustrate he’s still very active indeed as he wants his profits as well as Donald if snd when the club gets sold.
Methven was also influential in appointing Rodwell as the new CEO, the timing being very strange as not long ago CM said the club would be sold by the end of May. Even allowing for the current pandemic you have to wonder if he was being entirely truthful with that statement too.
As previously stated I hope Rodwell is a success ad it’ll mean SAFC moving forward but no one is holding their breath looking at his pretty catastrophic footballing CV to date.

I’m talking about Rodwell making major decisions without consulting the owners.
Comparing our behind the scenes decision making set up with Man City’s is hilarious, with due respect. We currently struggle to compete with Fleetwood and Wycombe.
Finally on this subject, as you are as entitled to your opinion as anyone and I’m not going to prolong it, but if you think Charlie Methven is, to quote you, “no longer actively involved in the club” you are kidding yourself. He is still VERY active, make absolutely no mistake about that. He supposedly left in December for ‘personal reasons’, which coincidentally came directly after his delightful comments about the ‘Sunderland disease’ at the well publicised RAWA meeting where he also said that it is well known in football that there is a problem with our fan base and that “it isn’t attractive to potential investors”. So we were then told he was leaving, clearly thinking the thick northerners who didn’t understand business would fall for it, but recently post STID 2 in particular he has been giving media interviews left, right and centre, and since his supposed departure has attended most matches home and away which all goes to illustrate he’s still very active indeed as he wants his profits as well as Donald if snd when the club gets sold.
Methven was also influential in appointing Rodwell as the new CEO, the timing being very strange as not long ago CM said the club would be sold by the end of May. Even allowing for the current pandemic you have to wonder if he was being entirely truthful with that statement too.
As previously stated I hope Rodwell is a success ad it’ll mean SAFC moving forward but no one is holding their breath looking at his pretty catastrophic footballing CV to date.

Cleary you have a brilliant grasp about how business operates so I’m done with this crap

There pro Newcastle if anything With Keith Downie, Peter Graves pushing all Newcastle agenda as much as possible and I’d say one of the main reason SD brought in Dave Jones was to make sure there isn’t any negative coverage on Sky, as he knew it would be coming it’s worked as nothing been said about all the negative media coverage of Our club recently I’d say.
Not really. Them 2 are mages but jones and that tom white are safc fans

Not if that person has ruined the last 3 clubs he has worked for.

Donald hasn't done the right thing by us since he took over.

I’m not going to pretend I know a great deal about him but having looked quite easily on google both notts county and Scunthorpe released statements where they were sad to see him leave and that they owed him a debt of gratitude......maybe you have other info that my 3 minute google search didn’t pick up but ruined seems like an exaggeration at first glance.

before I get accused of being a happy clapped or whatever gets thrown my way, that’s not the case I’m just bored of everyone looking to find the negatives in absolutely everything possible and making things up to suit their opinion

I’m not going to pretend I know a great deal about him but having looked quite easily on google both notts county and Scunthorpe released statements where they were sad to see him leave and that they owed him a debt of gratitude......maybe you have other info that my 3 minute google search didn’t pick up but ruined seems like an exaggeration at first glance.

before I get accused of being a happy clapped or whatever gets thrown my way, that’s not the case I’m just bored of everyone looking to find the negatives in absolutely everything possible and making things up to suit their opinion
What else can they say, look at what his brief was at Scunthorpe, look where they were when he joined and then left. Also search for what the supporters of those clubs say. Some even posted on here, we didn’t look for negatives, they looked for us

Because there is no positives and plenty of negatives. The owners have brought all of us on themselves.

Jones will of known careagher was going to ask that and maybe even asked him to ask it so he could say his bit and put pressure on the owners noway will he of sprung it on him

He is the CEO. He is in charge of the day to day running following a corporate strategy. That’s how business works.
Like Tony Davison was? We always got the impression that he was in charge and it was his strategy the club was following.
Cleary you have a brilliant grasp about how business operates so I’m done with this crap
We are not like any ordinary business. Most businesses don’t have thousands of people passionately following them whose lives are effected by how they perform.
I’m well aware of the MD / CEO’s job in most companies but I don’t believe he will be in charge of the future direction and ownership of the club any more than Bain or Davison were. That’s why it is worrying if Jones couldn’t answer Carraghers question.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back