Carragher ‘whats going on at Sunderland’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donald will spin it that the fans were sick of him so he stepped out the limelight and then got stick for doing so. There’s probably some truth in there but at the same time there’s never been any real leadership

Donald will spin it that the fans were sick of him so he stepped out the limelight and then got stick for doing so. There’s probably some truth in there but at the same time there’s never been any real leadership

He has never been in charge of running the club. Charlie Methven was, now we have Rodwell in charge. No different to Ellis Short or the Man City Arabs or anyone else, these people don’t do the day to day running of the club, they appoint people to do that for them

Wind it in doodle.

We should be grateful he brought us up. Most famous pundit in england gives a director a chance to talk about the club and bring us back into national relevance. We should be thanking him.

As for Jones....

really,oh,and i thank that vile fuka for nothing

By in the shit I mean third season in Div 1, club asset stripped, no money, no strategy, no vision, potless chancers in charge who haven't been straight from day 1 still hoping for a profit. Do you see it a different way ?
Can you tell me what he is actually doing other than being used as a PR tool by SD. It would appear he's there in name only to give SD some level of credibility. If he is doing more i.e.effectively holding them to account, what evidence is there of this.

As much as I think Jones is canny this is what’s happened. He was brought in to take a bit of heat off Donald, nothing more.

Look at our CEO's record, what gives you any confidence that things will get better. If I worked for a company or a boss that had lied to its fans, were making things worse on almost on a daily basis, asset stripped to the detriment of the club and it's supporters (and I also was financially secure i.e. this was a bolt on job) then yes I would resign in the blink of an eye rather than have my name associated with it.
Your CEO? Is that pre-Arab takeover, or have you got a new one lined up?
Why should we care what Mags think should or should not be going on behind the scenes?

Wind it in doodle.

We should be grateful he brought us up. Most famous pundit in england gives a director a chance to talk about the club and bring us back into national relevance. We should be thanking him.

As for Jones....
how can any Sunderland fans like carragher merson stelling week in week out they seem to gloat about the situation the clubs in and take enjoyment when we concede a goal North East football has been a laughing stock for year's by the likes of these commentators I can remember the mags chucking the league away and as rival fans we had the right to gloat but some of the pundits and commentators seemed to get off on it laughing when the mags lost and applauding man utd wins the media has been anti North East football for year's now if the Newcastle takeover gets the go ahead they will be shiting themselves.
Wind it in doodle.

As for Jones....
how can any Sunderland fans like carragher merson stelling week in week out they seem to gloat about the situation the clubs in and take enjoyment when we concede a goal North East football has been a laughing stock for year's by the likes of these commentators I can remember the mags chucking the league away and as rival fans we had the right to gloat but some of the pundits and commentators seemed to get off on it laughing when the mags lost and applauding man utd wins the media has been anti North East football for year's now if the Newcastle takeover gets the go ahead they will be shiting themselves.

He has never been in charge of running the club. Charlie Methven was, now we have Rodwell in charge. No different to Ellis Short or the Man City Arabs or anyone else, these people don’t do the day to day running of the club, they appoint people to do that for them
You reckon Rodwell is now “in charge”, seriously?
So he will make major decisions above Donald and Methven’s heads, without their say so?
Let’s all hope that the bloke turns out to be an excellent appointment fir the club but the record of other clubs whilst he was with them is not even average to put it diplomatically.
Let’s see if his first duties include replacing the Eastleigh Mafia including the academy manager Paul Reid and Richard Hill etc., people who neither live permanently in the area or have the pedigree to be at SAFC.
He should also be suggesting that the club appoint a go ahead, charismatic manager as Phil Parkinson is a downgrade on Jack Ross whom the owners deemed not good enough.
We have gone backwards under Parkinson and look like we will pay for it with another season in footballs backwaters.

Carragher just asked Dave Jones what was going on at Sunderland and he tried to avoid answering the question. Carragher then said ‘ what are stewart donalds thoughts on the situation’ and he replied ‘ i can tell you what jim rodwell’s are’ Make of that what you will. My interpretation is donald is not around and has no interest and rodwell is running the club. A bit like Bain in our final season with short. Terrible
That's exactly what I said the other day when someone asked why we suddely have a CEO - because Donald doesn't want to be here anymore.

You reckon Rodwell is now “in charge”, seriously?
So he will make major decisions above Donald and Methven’s heads, without their say so?
Let’s all hope that the bloke turns out to be an excellent appointment fir the club but the record of other clubs whilst he was with them is not even average to put it diplomatically.
Let’s see if his first duties include replacing the Eastleigh Mafia including the academy manager Paul Reid and Richard Hill etc., people who neither live permanently in the area or have the pedigree to be at SAFC.
He should also be suggesting that the club appoint a go ahead, charismatic manager as Phil Parkinson is a downgrade on Jack Ross whom the owners deemed not good enough.
We have gone backwards under Parkinson and look like we will pay for it with another season in footballs backwaters.
I don't agree on Parkinson. As things stand we need to judge him after a summer window. There have been worries but also promising bits. On the board issue, only time will tell on Rodwell BUT the current board were making a hash of football operations and decisions so i welcome at change at the very least. We have new board members and him. Only time will tell if they make an impact but we clearly can't judge at this point.

We won't get a decent manager if Del boy and Rodwell are running the show was the answer to Carrachers question. Time will elapse until they both realize SAFC supporters will just not give them the time of day and they will sell.

Look at our CEO's record, what gives you any confidence that things will get better. If I worked for a company or a boss that had lied to its fans, were making things worse on almost on a daily basis, asset stripped to the detriment of the club and it's supporters (and I also was financially secure i.e. this was a bolt on job) then yes I would resign in the blink of an eye rather than have my name associated with it.

So you'd take your ball home and start pointing the finger "it's not my fault, have a go at them"?

Jones is staying involved at the club he is a fan of, and attempting to do a job to the best of his ability which will hopefully lead to improvement.

I know which actions of the two I think are the most admirable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back