"Carbophobes"

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about missing meals?
I was led to believe that the body would store fat as wouldn't know when it was getting fed?
I read on that intermittent fasting too, but there is quite a lot of theories on both.

I have eaten every 2/3 hours for the last ten years, but that's due to getting protein in for muscle growth

I have eaten every 2/3 hours for the last ten years, but that's due to getting protein in for muscle growth

What about missing meals?
I was led to believe that the body would store fat as wouldn't know when it was getting fed?

I don't know what the fuck is going on with my I phone and typing this out

Sorry about the above post, not sure how that happened- when I kept trying to edit and delete , it just kept repeating what I'd put.

:eek::lol: Phone playing up a bit there like!

The answer to the first is simply that it's just not how the body functions phyiologically and to be honest I've never heard that theory at college or degree level. For example, carbohydrates are going to be broken down and stored as glycogen, which is used as fuel for the body. It's not simply digested and stored as fat as some sort of precautionary measure against starvation.

Also, if you eat less frequently (providing you're eating the same macros and calories), the digestion rate of a larger meal is going to be slower anyway.

A quote from Alan Aragon, one of the most respected people in the industry, who seems to be continuing to get more and more regognition; http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=691054

:lol:

so does skipping meals slow down your metabolism then?

No, the thermic effect of feeding is relative to the overall amount of calories you consume, not how frequently.

Horatio Moustache said:
Yet another thread where I've learned something new. :)

I don't comment on the threads in here much but read them all and Titus certainly seems to know what he is talking about, I've learnt a lot since this Diet and Fitness sub forum was set up too.

I don't comment on the threads in here much but read them all and Titus certainly seems to know what he is talking about, I've learnt a lot since this Diet and Fitness sub forum was set up too.

Same here.
I didn't know it existed till the other day.
Lots of stuff which I've read and been told which I believed I have now found to be myths.

Things change all the time in health and fitness, new ideas come out and old ideas are found to be wrong. I have been working out in one way or another for over 20 years (I'm now 37) and i really thought i knew my stuff, but this has been a bit of a wake up call for us actually.

Last edited:
I love me carbs like. I need to shift quite a bit of weight (6 stone ish) but don't know how many calories I should be eating and what sorts of foods would benefit me without me getting bored (Don't fancy sticking to a strict 'diet' of eating the same meals every day). I'm a right fussy twat when it comes to food as well, especially with veg and fruit.

I love me carbs like. I need to shift quite a bit of weight (6 stone ish) but don't know how many calories I should be eating and what sorts of foods would benefit me without me getting bored (Don't fancy sticking to a strict 'diet' of eating the same meals every day). I'm a right fussy twat when it comes to food as well, especially with veg and fruit.

titus started a thread a while back with a few equations to show what you need, there are also some online calculators which can estimate how many you need and you can adjust it from there depending on whether you're losing weight.

titus started a thread a while back with a few equations to show what you need, there are also some online calculators which can estimate how many you need and you can adjust it from there depending on whether you're losing weight.

Haven't really been following this forum much, decided I really need to lose the weight for various reasons (Health being number one, self esteem etc.) and I'm just not sure what sort of stuff I should eat more of, what I should eat less off. Obviously I know to eat less crisps, biscuits, stuff like that, but I haven't a clue otherwise. Should I be skipping breakfast etc.

Haven't really been following this forum much, decided I really need to lose the weight for various reasons (Health being number one, self esteem etc.) and I'm just not sure what sort of stuff I should eat more of, what I should eat less off. Obviously I know to eat less crisps, biscuits, stuff like that, but I haven't a clue otherwise. Should I be skipping breakfast etc.

titus, orosso are your best bets mate, what's your height and weight, and whats your lean weight (what did you weigh when you were not overweight).

basically everything comes down to eating less calories than you use, so keep a log for a bit on a calorie app or just make notes and after a bit you'll know what you can eat and fill up on.

skipping breakfast is up to you, eat as often as you want but it all comes back to calories.

I'm about 6 foot, maybe 6 foot 1. My weight is around 18.5 stone (I know :oops:) and to be honest, I've been overweight for ages, had shit school dinners, didn't really go out much, ate a load of shite at home and I've never fully focused on actually trying to lose weight, always been one of those things I've been wanting to do for ages, just had terrible motivation.

One of my biggest vices is carbohydrates by far (White bread, rice, pasta, wholemeal rice, bread and pasta is all amazing), haven't got a clue how some people manage to completely cut them out of their diet.

I'm about 6 foot, maybe 6 foot 1. My weight is around 18.5 stone (I know :oops:) and to be honest, I've been overweight for ages, had shit school dinners, didn't really go out much, ate a load of shite at home and I've never fully focused on actually trying to lose weight, always been one of those things I've been wanting to do for ages, just had terrible motivation.

One of my biggest vices is carbohydrates by far (White bread, rice, pasta, wholemeal rice, bread and pasta is all amazing), haven't got a clue how some people manage to completely cut them out of their diet.

how old are you

about 2600 calories a day is what you need assuming you have a desk job and do no exercise, so eat 2300 and you'll lose weight, its a simple as that just don't expect too much and don't give up.

how old are you

about 2600 calories a day is what you need assuming you have a desk job and do no exercise, so eat 2300 and you'll lose weight, its a simple as that just don't expect too much and don't give up.

I'm 18, soon 19. Going to Sunderland Uni in September, not sure what sort of place would be the best to go for lunch on the go.

Subway - Eat Fresh

aye probably this since its very easy to get the calories to each meal. and ftmdan at that age you are at a perfect time to get yourself right for later in life, probably start at 2500 cals a day, play footy a couple times a week and squash once a week or whatever you enjoy doing.

Take note of how many calories you're eating for a few days. Ofcourse you'll likely eat less than normal when you're doing this, but it's good way to start and engrain good habits like actually knowing what you're putting in your mouth. After that, gradually lower calories.

A huge trend with people trying to lose weight is that they'll massively under-eat. Not only do they go from eating like 4500kcal to 1800kcal, but they go from doing nothing to exercising every single day, which just makes...no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back