"Carbophobes"

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gan to bed because I said you're debating carbohydrate metabolism? Does that sound to scientific? I do apologise. :roll:

no mate, i just really don't care. :lol: Proof is in the pudding, lots of people have had success by controlling their carb intake including people close to me.

BTW, i think the very creation of this thread is abit shitty. People are interested in low carb diets because others have failed and you're putting them off for no good reason. Seems abit 'my way is best'.

I also find the fact you know your stuff, but refuse to acknowledge dietary and weight benefits of carb control. Especially when the experts who research this stuff for a living are torn.

no mate, i just really don't care. :lol: Proof is in the pudding, lots of people have had success by controlling their carb intake including people close to me.

BTW, i think the very creation of this thread is abit shitty. People are interested in low carb diets because others have failed and you're putting them off for no good reason. Seems abit 'my way is best'.

I also find the fact you know your stuff, but refuse to acknowledge dietary and weight benefits of carb control. Especially when the experts who research this stuff for a living are torn.

Yes, lots of people have success controlling their carb intake because it's usually the easiest way to reduce overall caloric intake.

I'm glad you think that you think I'm 'putting people off for no good reason', when infact I'm actually explaining to people how carbohydrate metabolism works, so that they don't feel compelled to go on a low carb diet, as a lot of people seem to thnk it's necessary. What exactly is 'shitty' about that? I think there is more basis to say that a thread telling people to go low carb is a hell of a lot more shitty than this thread, as it would be based on the false premise that it's necessary.

Titus, I learned a while back to let people crack on.

I'm sure somebody will take something useful out of it, or atleast I hope :lol:. Same with that thread in the smb, despite overwhelming amounts of research indicating that overall energy balance is what is going to dictate weight, not meal frequency, somebody would rather cling to 1(!) study that was referenced in a journal...that he hasn't even read.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure somebody will take something useful out of it, or atleast I hope :lol:. Same with that thread in the smb, despite overwhelming amounts of research indicating that overall energy balance is what is going to dictate weight, not meal frequency, somebody would rather cling to 1(!) study that was referenced in a journal...that he hasn't even read.
Saw that too. Hopefully someone will take something from it but I wouldn't hold your breath. People don't like to be told that they're wrong even when they quite clearly are.

Titus, I learned a while back to let people crack on.

Exactly Ross.

People neither care or want to care about the technicality's of weight loss - they want options. You lads are in the gym all the time, strict meal plans ect. Fuck me, Titus has become a scientist so he can assist his fitness strategy. I don't have time for that man :lol: nobody does.

I've got a hectic job, a busy young family, multiple hobbies, and a requirement to get a flat tummy. I cannot calorie count because that's far to much like hard work and I'm not making time to jog/cycle about. Carbs has worked for people, regardless of the technicality's, and is working for me. I'm a "carbophobe" until mid August.

There are people infinitely more desperate them me to lose weight with a full stomach and little fitness - let them change their diet to reduce the carbs, don't patronise them with scientific lingo and names in inverted commas. Even if it is stealth-calorie-counting.

Anyway, I was pissed last night and red wine aswell, i'd argue the wheels of your car under those circumstances.

edit: for the record i started my diet @ 13.10, as of this morning day FOUR i'm 13.7 and haven't even had my morning shit yet (which will be substantial)

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly Ross.

People neither care or want to care about the technicality's of weight loss - they want options. You lads are in the gym all the time, strict meal plans ect. Fuck me, Titus has become a scientist so he can assist his fitness strategy. I don't have time for that man :lol: nobody does.

I've got a hectic job, a busy young family, multiple hobbies, and a requirement to get a flat tummy. I cannot calorie count because that's far to much like hard work and I'm not making time to jog/cycle about. Carbs has worked for people, regardless of the technicality's, and is working for me. I'm a "carbophobe" until mid August.

There are people infinitely more desperate them me to lose weight with a full stomach and little fitness - let them change their diet to reduce the carbs, don't patronise them with scientific lingo and names in inverted commas. Even if it is stealth-calorie-counting.

Anyway, I was pissed last night and red wine aswell, i'd argue the wheels of your car under those circumstances.

edit: for the record i started my diet @ 13.10, as of this morning day FOUR i'm 13.7 and haven't even had my morning shit yet (which will be substantial)

Its my opinion that although people don't have the time to research for themselves, they should be grateful to individuals such as Titus who has done it for them and gives a concise breakdown of the latest studies and findings, with no benefit to himself.

Its my opinion that although people don't have the time to research for themselves, they should be grateful to individuals such as Titus who has done it for them and gives a concise breakdown of the latest studies and findings, with no benefit to himself.

As a layman, all I got from his post was: reducing you carb intake does not work in the most part.

the lad certainly knows his stuff...Vince Gironda was a forerunner of this type of nutritional angle back in the 40's..he had some really good ideas and training methods,he's well worth a look

As a layman, all I got from his post was: reducing you carb intake does not work in the most part.
I think he was trying to make the point of there's no need to partake in an low carb diet. Low carb diets work so well IMO, because we consume so many carbs generally, cut them out and you'll lose weight but it isn't the lack of carbs doing this, its the reduction of calories.

If it fits in with your lifestyle then by all means do a low carb diet where you eat 6 times a day, but what Titus is saying is that the latest research suggests it doesn't have any benefits over a more traditional, 3 balanced meals a day approach.

I like Titus, he knows what the word 'diet' actually means.
I think he was trying to make the point of there's no need to partake in an low carb diet. Low carb diets work so well IMO, because we consume so many carbs generally, cut them out and you'll lose weight but it isn't the lack of carbs doing this, its the reduction of calories.

If it fits in with your lifestyle then by all means do a low carb diet where you eat 6 times a day, but what Titus is saying is that the latest research suggests it doesn't have any benefits over a more traditional, 3 balanced meals a day approach.
And makes it more likely that the pounds will be piled back on again once the person stops 'dieting'.

Which is great for the 'diet' industry as everybody loves repeat customers.

at last, English.

Low carb seems like a very simple way of improving ones diet, and as such reducing calorie intake. It should be promoted as an alternative to calorie counting.

Which is great for the 'diet' industry as everybody loves repeat customers.

There is no way i would pay a company to help me flatten my tummy :lol: I've not lost all hope yet.

at last, English.

Low carb seems like a very simple way of improving ones diet, and as such reducing calorie intake. It should be promoted as an alternative to calorie counting.

There is no way i would pay a company to help me flatten my tummy :lol: I've not lost all hope yet.
Providing you select your carb source correctly though, they're cheap and can be nutritious. Low carb doesn't necessarily equal an improved diet.

Providing you select your carb source correctly though, they're cheap and can be nutritious. Low carb doesn't necessarily equal an improved diet.

Yeah I can understand that. Things like whole-wheat pasta and brown rice can only be good for you.

As an example a working lunch would consist of a sandwich + a chocolate bar + a can of pop.

Now I cannot eat bread the sandwich is a meat salad, the chocolate bar is replaced by fruit and nuts, the pop is now water.

^^ that has to be much better for me.

Yeah I can understand that. Things like whole-wheat pasta and brown rice can only be good for you.

As an example a working lunch would consist of a sandwich + a chocolate bar + a can of pop.

Now I cannot eat bread the sandwich is a meat salad, the chocolate bar is replaced by fruit and nuts, the pop is now water.

But 'fruit' are carbs.

of course but its replacing the easy foods with little nutritional value for something with more. The main thing is that you're thinking about what you're eating, thats the key to "dieting" IMO.

But 'fruit' are carbs.

I'm aware of that. Tis carb reduction not carb removal, i'd be dead on my feet. I'm not sure if there is such a thing as a good carb or a bad carb, if there is the good carb will be in the peach/plum/apple ect.

I'm aware of that. Tis carb reduction not carb removal, i'd be dead on my feet. I'm not sure if there is such a thing as a good carb or a bad carb, if there is the good carb will be in the peach/plum/apple ect.
My company doctor told me off for drinking too much fruit juice [blocking my body absorbing other stuff].

The carbs in fruit is [mainly] fructose, so it depends if what they say about fructose is true:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18393391

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back