Car one for usual suspects

What if the dealer didn’t know, so didn’t declare. The only way of realistically knowing if a car has had a remap is by getting in on an OBD machine and someone who knows what to look for regarding the changes to the ecu.

Theres plenty cars going through the trade which have been mapped and undeclared by the seller to the trade. It certainly isn’t something you would say on a trade in.

Have you had the timing belt cover off to look at the timing belt, or are you talking about the auxiliary belt (fan belt). Certainly not the end of the world by the way. Just get the jobs done if needed.
They may not have known but they’re still responsible.

You bought a Citroen, mate, and then by your own admittance, thrashed the fuck out of it's plastic engine. I'm not sure what you were expecting.

If you can sell if for anything more than the price of a Raleigh Grifter and a packet of Hobnobs, I'd be f***ing amazed.
That much?

@Goat Eyes etc

Daughters boyfried bmw bought from a reputable ford dealer.

Its fucked, turbo etc etc.

Its in a bmw expert. Stating its been remapped then sold to him without confirmation!
Ford dealer havent been great help to date (part of my says cos hes such a young lad!).

Whats the official route to go down mate?
You should have raised your daughter to realise that blokes who buy BMWs are inadequate toss pots.

There are lots of sophisticated, well-hung blokes out there who drive a Ford fiesta and aren’t egomaniacs. ;)

Car question:
Citreon C3, 36k miles, the timing belt is starting to show some cracks etc.
I over-revved the car which has caused one of the sensors to trigger and makes the car go into limp mode. Will be a big job to replace. I bought the car for 8k. 19 plate.

Is it worth selling the car?

TIA
Do belt kit and sensor ,500 quid max
P's no idea why belt is cracked on 4 years ,36k
Are miles legit? ?

Last edited:

Back