Cancel the whole lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m still going to parents in Yorkshire on Christmas Eve fuck em.
I’ve been isolating since yesterday and going for tests on Wednesday prior to travelling. I am doing everything possible to avoid getting the virus and passing it on to them.
Good man
I travel regularly and I do same

Why put the whole country in lockdown when Cornwall is doing ok and it’s not needed at the moment down here.

Why keep us in Tier Three when we have lower numbers than those that saw London put in Tier Two?
I’ve been isolating since yesterday and going for tests on Wednesday prior to travelling. I am doing everything possible to avoid getting the virus and passing it on to them.

Christmas day is shite really, it's all about the lead up. That's why me and her went to York for a day/night last week. Was good.

But can see your reasoning.

Last edited:
That's harsh Keith, its bad enough that there is a pandemic, but don't blame areas of the country. It was worse in the north east for a while now the south east and South Wales have got it worse. Its just the nature of the beast.

IDS on tele last week as good as admitted that london was placed in tier 2 purely for economic reasons.

It's the mutated version that is causing the numbers to skyrocket now. Hence us being put into tier 4 and no mixing at Christmas.
Exactly. People rushing to blame Londoners when the cause of this is a variant which is 70% more transmissible. Quite simply that means more people are going to get it even if everyone behaves in exactly the same way.

Pathetic, will be enjoying a family meal on Xmas day. Engage your brain FFS.

People going on as if having lunch as a family is playing Russian roulette, absolutely outrageous.
Russian roulette is a 6/1 shot of getting a bullet in the brain. Going for Christmas dinner is nothing of the sort.
Rates are 140 in 100,000 in Sunderland so it’s 705/1 you’ve got the virus, then you’ve got to be sat with someone who’s actually at risk with the virus, then you’ve got to give it to them, then they’ve got to be part of the minority of at risk people who die from it.

It’s absolutely ridiculous that the country is coming to stand still over this and to compare it to Russian roulette is an absolute disgrace and knowingly vile.
Society is broken - paranoid fcuktard seems too be a default setting these days.

Exactly. People rushing to blame Londoners when the cause of this is a variant which is 70% more transmissible. Quite simply that means more people are going to get it even if everyone behaves in exactly the same way.

Do you honestly think that if this was happening in the NE of England, the rest of the country would have Christmas cancelled?

Might as well really, I am going to see my 89 year old nana Xmas day, hasn’t been well so could be last so not missing that

don’t blame you to be fair - last year spent Xmas with my nana and as I believed it would be her last & it was.
if it was this year I would be doing the same - obviously take precautions of isolating & getting test beforehand

Surely this is the correct course of action?

Why keep us in Tier Three when we have lower numbers than those that saw London put in Tier Two?

Christmas day is shite really, it's all about the lead up. That's why me and her went to York for a day/night last week. Was good.

But can see your reasoning.
Because it’s not down to only numbers of cases. The ability or an area to deal with those cases is a factor

Because it’s not down to only numbers of cases. The ability or an area to deal with those cases is a factor

Ah right, so we couldn't really win up here... He said work hard to get numbers down and you'll be Tier 2 like others. We do that and its nah, you're numbers will just go back up again. You've gotta laugh :lol:

According to whitty today 60 % of covid cases are now the new type. ( tier 4 areas).

Living down here, it seems a lot of people have covid ( known by testing) but have no symptoms. Its like its getting more infectious but less virulent.

I just think it is sad that different areas of the country are blaming other areas. Its not like we have any say in the matter.

So new cases would be around 400 anyway which is way too high.

I think they should put the full country into lockdown now. No household mixing on Christmas Day.

People will die if we don’t.

It’s a shitty thing to say but it’s not worth risking your life for a turkey dinner with some family.

never had turkey for years.

Ah right, so we couldn't really win up here... He said work hard to get numbers down and you'll be Tier 2 like others. We do that and its nah, you're numbers will just go back up again. You've gotta laugh :lol:
Getting infection rates down will reduce demand on services after about 4 weeks and not the day after like many will expect.
someone testing positive today normally won’t need to tap into services until about week 3. That admission may last several weeks, some admissions will last months.

Getting infection rates down will reduce demand on services after about 4 weeks and not the day after like many will expect.
someone testing positive today normally won’t need to tap into services until about week 3. That admission may last several weeks, some admissions will last months.

Wonder why Boris didn't apply the same to London, and put them in Tier 2. When I say wonder I mean :lol:

According to whitty today 60 % of covid cases are now the new type. ( tier 4 areas).

Living down here, it seems a lot of people have covid ( known by testing) but have no symptoms. Its like its getting more infectious but less virulent.

I just think it is sad that different areas of the country are blaming other areas. Its not like we have any say in the matter.

Being a layman I’m assuming they’re doing the same type of testing , so can someone tell me how they’ve got to the figures of 60% are of the new type of Covid ?

Wonder why Boris didn't apply the same to London, and put them in Tier 2. When I say wonder I mean :lol:
If these new infections in the south east turn into admissions then the ability to cope early in the new year is in doubt even with the massive service provision they have in that area. Of course, the vast majority won’t end up in admission but some ( of many people) will.
for boris to shut the south east must mean there’s a worry.
Each area should be looking at themselves at not what eeeeee London are “getting away with” after all, it’s not a race to the bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back