Cancel the whole lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

We, as in the North East, are pulling in a different direction to the rest of England, plus a lockdown would be awful for people’s morale including mine. Some hard up families will have spent a fair bit of money on Christmas. The restriction of travel will hurt many but it’s understandable and I hope it will prevent any further lockdown. I still think there’ll be one but it’s plausible the tiered system could last the duration now. Many areas are doing well.

I'm puzzled by the response up here (Scotland). Most of the country going into Tier 4 as a precaution but waiting until boxing day to do it! Should be as of Monday (maybe even relax it for 1 day xmas day if they want).

I'm puzzled by the response up here (Scotland). Most of the country going into Tier 4 as a precaution but waiting until boxing day to do it! Should be as of Monday (maybe even relax it for 1 day xmas day if they want).

Ive heard people saying its to stop potential brexit protests

Announcing lockdown on the day our positive test ratio dropped below 5% is a bit baffling TBH.

A total travel ban including Christmas Day followed by a West coast lockdown would have made more sense given most of the cases of the new strain are contained in the west.

Announcing lockdown on the day our positive test ratio dropped below 5% is a bit baffling TBH.

A total travel ban including Christmas Day followed by a West coast lockdown would have made more sense given most of the cases of the new strain are contained in the west.
I can understand them saying they want to act early to stop this new strain spreading but then to leave it a week is a bit bizzare. Should be Tier 4 as of Monday. Also my son is supposed to be at school Monday, Tuesday next week, should really just sack that off.

We, as in the North East, are pulling in a different direction to the rest of England, plus a lockdown would be awful for people’s morale including mine. Some hard up families will have spent a fair bit of money on Christmas. The restriction of travel will hurt many but it’s understandable and I hope it will prevent any further lockdown. I still think there’ll be one but it’s plausible the tiered system could last the duration now. Many areas are doing well.

This.

We should now be in tier 2 really but the South East fucked that up for us. We certainly don't require stronger measures. We're still reducing the number of cases.

I can understand them saying they want to act early to stop this new strain spreading but then to leave it a week is a bit bizzare. Should be Tier 4 as of Monday. Also my son is supposed to be at school Monday, Tuesday next week, should really just sack that off.

It will be largely political, not wanting to be seen to punish people up here who have already been making sacrifices to keep the numbers down. Particularly given it would effectively be a case of England has fucked up and you're paying the price.

I do partly agree with you, it would be more effective to control the inevitable spike when people rush back from London etc. But on the other hand, it needs to be balanced with all the businesses who would be losing out at one of their busiest trade periods.

This.

We should now be in tier 2 really but the South East fucked that up for us. We certainly don't require stronger measures. We're still reducing the number of cases.
That's harsh Keith, its bad enough that there is a pandemic, but don't blame areas of the country. It was worse in the north east for a while now the south east and South Wales have got it worse. Its just the nature of the beast.

That's harsh Keith, its bad enough that there is a pandemic, but don't blame areas of the country. It was worse in the north east for a while now the south east and South Wales have got it worse. Its just the nature of the beast.

Sorry PB but it's true. London was put under tier 2 with a rate of 177. Then things exploded in the South East which frightened everyone in government etc.

We had controlled the virus up here and got our cases down to 150. Suddenly that rate wasn't good enough. 120 (50 less than London about 3 weeks earlier) was now the benchmark as per Bristol.

London was rewarded with a borderline rate. We had a 20 better rate and weren't. Sorry but that is going to stick in the craw.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back