Canada in July 2024

Wingnut

Reserve Squad
Hi Lads off to Canada in july (Ontario) to see some family I have not seen for years, is there anyone off here who live there, and I could maybes meet up for a drink, stopping at me relatives but defo going to Niagra Falls, CNN Tower and taking a Ice Hockey or Baseball game in, Anyone been?.

Hi Lads off to Canada in july (Ontario) to see some family I have not seen for years, is there anyone off here who live there, and I could maybes meet up for a drink, stopping at me relatives but defo going to Niagra Falls, CNN Tower and taking a Ice Hockey or Baseball game in, Anyone been?.
Summer will be Baseball season , i went to see the blue jays when i was there .
Was 20 years ago when i was last there but remember some of the districts , little italy , china town etc were decent for a quiet mooch about . Think the hockey hall of fame is still there. Should be easy enough to get out to the lake for some beach stuff.

@NASA

If you have twitter then look up Martin Bates, he lives over there but is a MLF.

@MackeminGlasgow was there recently too, I think.
Yeah I follow him on Twitter, He's a MLF.

I was there in 2019, Mrs has some relatives over there. Absolutely loved it.

Blue Jays game was a good day out. Niagra definitely worth seeing, went on the boat right up to them and the sound is deafening.

Had a tremendous seafood platter in the CN tower restaurant.

We did a few days in Montreal after Toronto, cycling round the F1 track was a great experience.

Summer will be Baseball season , i went to see the blue jays when i was there .
Was 20 years ago when i was last there but remember some of the districts , little italy , china town etc were decent for a quiet mooch about . Think the hockey hall of fame is still there. Should be easy enough to get out to the lake for some beach stuff.
Hi, yeah my family are massive blue jays fans over there and sunderland fans, they were up at 745am for the derby, gonna take a load of sunderland tops over for them, thanks for the advice.
Yeah I follow him on Twitter, He's a MLF.

I was there in 2019, Mrs has some relatives over there. Absolutely loved it.

Blue Jays game was a good day out. Niagra definitely worth seeing, went on the boat right up to them and the sound is deafening.

Had a tremendous seafood platter in the CN tower restaurant.

We did a few days in Montreal after Toronto, cycling round the F1 track was a great experience.
Cheers for the advice marra.

Niagara is more tacky than Blackpool!

It takes 2+ hours to drive anywhere and the local drivers in Toronto are nuts.

Don’t stop anywhere for long in the countryside or the Amish might attack you. They do NOT like invasive tourists.

The best things about Ontario are the black squirrels and the chipmunks.

Edit: there is a good speed boat experience though on some big rapids.

Last edited:
Walk from one end of Yonge Street to the other.

Don’t stop anywhere for long in the countryside or the Amish might attack you. They do NOT like invasive tourists.

Niagra on the lake was canny and a visit to the 6 nations reservation.
Discovered red indians were really red.

Last edited:

We visited this place - it recreates life in 1914, when all the red indians had been sent packing.

This is the jet boat thing at queenston near niagara.

Last edited:
You could do it in a full day with plenty of stops at Timmies along the way.
Which part of Ontario your family live Wingnut?

Last edited:

Amazing place. I absolutely loved it. You have to go see the Raptors at Scotiabank. We went to the hockey but I'm much more in my NBA.

I'll hop in the car and drive four days to say hello.

just kidding, but it is a big country.

No hockey in July - never call it ice hockey by the way - just hockey. Bit like asking someone in Sunderland when the soccer match is being played.

But the Blue Jays will be playing. Baseball is lots of fun. Sit in the bleechers with a few beers.

Have fun. Great country. Especially the Western bit.

Last edited:

Back