Can someone please explain to me,

How Stewart Donald and Co saved the club?

Keep hearing the same old stuff how we should be thankful as without our wonderful new owners the club would be f**ked etc.

It seems to me Short would have kept us going, I for one don't think in a million years he would have seen us go under, he made mistakes but his heart was in the right place.

Second, apart from some classy PR at the start all SD and co have done is a cost cutting exercise, that was started under Bain who was hated, SD and Co have been in charge for our worst ever finish and really do come across as a couple of chancers that hit lucky with a deal of a life time that's starting to turn sour.

So IMO SD is doing a bang avg job, I think any new owner could have done pretty much the same, difference being these guys had some good PR at the start.

Less than impressed atm and hate the fact because of a few decent bits of PR people think they are some kind of heroes, Short was much more of a hero in my book, came and had a real go and when it went tits up made sure we didn't go under at a canny loss to himself I would think, no way these guys would do the same, I get the feeling it was a quick buy and flip for profit that's going bad for them and why we are now going to end up in a complete shit storm if we don't go up this year.

I don't think in a million years SD would do would Short did to protect the club either.

Keep hearing the same old stuff how we should be thankful as without our wonderful new owners the club would be f**ked etc.

It seems to me Short would have kept us going, I for one don't think in a million years he would have seen us go under, he made mistakes but his heart was in the right place.

Second, apart from some classy PR at the start all SD and co have done is a cost cutting exercise, that was started under Bain who was hated, SD and Co have been in charge for our worst ever finish and really do come across as a couple of chancers that hit lucky with a deal of a life time that's starting to turn sour.

So IMO SD is doing a bang avg job, I think any new owner could have done pretty much the same, difference being these guys had some good PR at the start.

Less than impressed atm and hate the fact because of a few decent bits of PR people think they are some kind of heroes, Short was much more of a hero in my book, came and had a real go and when it went tits up made sure we didn't go under at a canny loss to himself I would think, no way these guys would do the same, I get the feeling it was a quick buy and flip for profit that's going bad for them and why we are now going to end up in a complete shit storm if we don't go up this year.

I don't think in a million years SD would do would Short did to protect the club either.
Maybe it’s was Donald and Methvens enthusiasm for the project that encouraged Short to do the right thing. You have no idea what Short would have done or how long he would have continued to bail us out for.
Martin Bain showed that simply cost cutting isn’t easy as he did a crap job of it.

It's quite simple really we were in a death spiral and it could well have been taken out of ES's hands. The money we owed to SBC meant if they thought they weren't going to see repayment they could could have pushed us into administration. As a result we could have lost the AOL and possibly ownership of the SOL as well as having the playing staff drastically cut and more redundancies at the none playing staff than we already have

Really boring thread with nothing that hasn't already been said. Yes we all get it, some fans aren't happy with Donald but some of us don't hate him so can we just stop posting negative after negative after negative.

Don't hate him at all, just don't get the compete love in some of our fans have of him, he has done a bang avg job, in fact without the clever use of PR I bet more of our fans would have turned sooner.

I Don't think he gives a damn about us as a club to be honest and we were always a way to make a quick buck, which would have been fine but it seems he has messed that well and truly up.

Give it a rest, he’s the owner and has sorted out a lot of shit behind the scenes, stop whinging an dget behind the club

It's quite simple really we were in a death spiral and it could well have been taken out of ES's hands. The money we owed to SBC meant if they thought they weren't going to see repayment they could could have pushed us into administration. As a result we could have lost the AOL and possibly ownership of the SOL as well as having the playing staff drastically cut and more redundancies at the none playing staff than we already have

So how did SBC get paid off, from what I read that was Short's doing, don't understand how SD and Co saved the day when they have put sweet FA into the club it seems?

I still don't think in a million years Short would have let that happen.
Give it a rest, he’s the owner and has sorted out a lot of shit behind the scenes, stop whinging an dget behind the club

like what?

please explain what he has done?

I keep hearing that he has worked wonders but not one really says what he has done, heard something about money moving from SAFC to another one of his companies as a loan and some cost cutting that Bain started and was hated for and the revamp of the SoL was thanks to the fantastic effect of our great fans, so apart from PR what has he really done>?

Last edited:
never had the money- borrowed against next years parachute payment to cover the difference of what they had and what was required - now looking to sell with add ons if we go up and make millions

Sorry but a lender can’t just determine the borrower goes into administration. And why would sbc here. Wasn’t their charge over parachutes?

Anyone that thought he was in it because 'he now loved the club' or because 'he got it', what ever the fuck that means, was naive in the extreme.

He came in, got the club on the cheap to make a profit down the line. I've no problem with that but equally I've got no problem with him getting pelters when things go wrong as he lapped up the attention and applause when things seemed to be going okay.

However he seems to spit his dummy out when he gets any criticism and Charlie gets outright arsey

So how did SBC get paid off, from what I read that was Short's doing, don't understand how SD and Co saved the day when they have put sweet FA into the club it seems?

I still don't think in a million years Short would have let that happen.

like what?

please explain what he has done?
Stopped the club pissing money away, if you really think they have done nowt it’s pointless even trying to explain it to you

Martin Bain, Gary the Hair, Maggie Byrne VS The Lads from Eastleigh YOU DECIDE

All just as bad as each other IMO, but I always felt Short cared if even he was messing things up big time, also felt he give it his best shot.

These guys I feel are trying to do a quick cash grab, which would have been 100% fine if they didnt mess up also, difference is I really dont feel they have the club at heart.
Can someone explain to me why people just dont wait and see how the Donald/Parkinson connection works out before condemning them. WE cant change things. Sometimes wonder if some posters think in their own minds they have some influence on SAFC.

I think Parkinson will be ok for us, a step up imo to Ross at least who I think struggled to adapt here.

the question is why do some people think our current owners are some sort of special, when to be honest by all accounts we are still a mess behind the scenes, yes that have done some cost cutting, but so did Bain, but we aren't just a business and cutting costs isn't the main goal, we are first and foremost a football club, we could cost cut all the way to non league.

Last edited:

Back