Can someone please explain to me,

I can't in detail no. What he has done is balance the books and transform us into a real league 1 team, a better outcome than Bolton/Bury etc. Another year or two with Short and disastrous signings could have destroyed the club.

Got involved for personal gain, simple as that. Some people think he's some sort of charity worker.

Headline. 'Businessman invests for personal gain shocker '. Jesus Christ man. This board just gets worse and worse.

I mean, equally, he could've just done fuck all and the SMB would've obviously found the solution to save the club by playing Football Chairman on their PCs

Headline. 'Businessman invests for personal gain shocker '. Jesus Christ man. This board just gets worse and worse.

I mean, equally, he could've just done fuck all and the SMB would've obviously found the solution to save the club by playing Football Chairman on their PCs
What on earth are you slavering on about? I simply pointed out that some people act as if he's only in it for the good of the club.

What on earth are you slavering on about? I simply pointed out that some people act as if he's only in it for the good of the club.

Noted. So both points are irrelevant although you decide to put a negative spin on it to contribute to the toxic negativity building up again around the club. I've got the same opinion of a plumber that recently came to my house to fix a pipe. Bastard wanted paid for it. Can't trust tradesman. Wanting paid etc.

Yes I did, and I reckon the introduction of Parkinson may have pushed you over the edge and produced the rant you wrote.

Nope if you read further on I also said I think Parkinson is an improvement on Ross and will have my full support, my "rant" as you put it is why so many fans seem to think SD is some sort of second coming, when in fact the results show he is bang avg so far. We have a set of fans who don't want a bad word said about the bloke, when in fact some serious questions have to be asked.

I stand to be corrected but it seems things behind the scenes are still a bit crappy to be honest and things on the pitch have been dire for the most part.

How Stewart Donald and Co saved the club?

Keep hearing the same old stuff how we should be thankful as without our wonderful new owners the club would be f**ked etc.

It seems to me Short would have kept us going, I for one don't think in a million years he would have seen us go under, he made mistakes but his heart was in the right place.

Second, apart from some classy PR at the start all SD and co have done is a cost cutting exercise, that was started under Bain who was hated, SD and Co have been in charge for our worst ever finish and really do come across as a couple of chancers that hit lucky with a deal of a life time that's starting to turn sour.

So IMO SD is doing a bang avg job, I think any new owner could have done pretty much the same, difference being these guys had some good PR at the start.

Less than impressed atm and hate the fact because of a few decent bits of PR people think they are some kind of heroes, Short was much more of a hero in my book, came and had a real go and when it went tits up made sure we didn't go under at a canny loss to himself I would think, no way these guys would do the same, I get the feeling it was a quick buy and flip for profit that's going bad for them and why we are now going to end up in a complete shit storm if we don't go up this year.

I don't think in a million years SD would do would Short did to protect the club either.

If the takeover goes through this week will you have the bollocks to apologise?

That goes for everyone who liked your post too.

Somehow i doubt that. There will be some that bleat on that because it's only investment that they've been misled, SD is a chancer and replacing the seats was a con job.

Really boring thread with nothing that hasn't already been said. Yes we all get it, some fans aren't happy with Donald but some of us don't hate him so can we just stop posting negative after negative after negative.

Why would you want to hate Donald and Methven even if they have made a few mistakes, look at the state of the club in May 2018, very close to a Bolton or even Bury, I get as frustrated as most with results which seem to change fans minds about Donald.

Let's get to January in the top 6 at least and we should have some money to spend....

Nothing to apologise for, imo SD hasn't done a fantastic job and hasn't been the worst either, like I said many times just bang avg, if he manages to sell and makes a few quid and leaves us with new better owners will wish him well but wont suddenly think he was a fantastic owner, just like if he doesn't sell I wont think he is the worst owner either. Problem for SD is seems more and more things are starting to come out of the wood work and starting to make him look not as clued up as we were led to believe. Now if we finish Lower than last season after another poor Jan window, then his stock will drop further, at the moment would give him a 5/10, with his biggest asset was the bringing the club and fans together at a very dark time and his biggest failing so far is too much talking and reacting on twitter when keeping his mouth closed would have been better.

I mean leaving twitter again just before he appoints our new man in charge, that just smacks of being a coward, should have left after he was appointed and backed the manager as his man, in hindsight would have been better to never have been on twitter.

How Stewart Donald and Co saved the club?

Keep hearing the same old stuff how we should be thankful as without our wonderful new owners the club would be f**ked etc.

It seems to me Short would have kept us going, I for one don't think in a million years he would have seen us go under, he made mistakes but his heart was in the right place.

Second, apart from some classy PR at the start all SD and co have done is a cost cutting exercise, that was started under Bain who was hated, SD and Co have been in charge for our worst ever finish and really do come across as a couple of chancers that hit lucky with a deal of a life time that's starting to turn sour.

So IMO SD is doing a bang avg job, I think any new owner could have done pretty much the same, difference being these guys had some good PR at the start.

Less than impressed atm and hate the fact because of a few decent bits of PR people think they are some kind of heroes, Short was much more of a hero in my book, came and had a real go and when it went tits up made sure we didn't go under at a canny loss to himself I would think, no way these guys would do the same, I get the feeling it was a quick buy and flip for profit that's going bad for them and why we are now going to end up in a complete shit storm if we don't go up this year.

I don't think in a million years SD would do would Short did to protect the club either.

they managed to get the club for a few quid and have done what anyone would have to do, cut all costs and get the club promoted and/or investment ready because they don’t have any/enough money to progress much further themselves. The replacing the seats was an example, saved a lot of money getting real fans to do it, brilliant bit of work by CM. It was obviously the plan from the start and although they seem decent people to me I’m not sure why Ellis gave them the keys

Really boring thread with nothing that hasn't already been said. Yes we all get it, some fans aren't happy with Donald but some of us don't hate him so can we just stop posting negative after negative after negative.
Don’t you think the OP has a valid point though. I do
It's quite simple really we were in a death spiral and it could well have been taken out of ES's hands. The money we owed to SBC meant if they thought they weren't going to see repayment they could could have pushed us into administration. As a result we could have lost the AOL and possibly ownership of the SOL as well as having the playing staff drastically cut and more redundancies at the none playing staff than we already have
Or we could have had owners come in with money.

Last edited:

Back