campsite for teenagers - co durham / northumberland

Me and 6 mates went owa the lakes and just stayed in a field behind a pub had a bog and tap. Came back honking but had a cracking weekend.

Me and my mates ended up on a site like you’ve mentioned after being thrown off a site at Ullswater.
We had to get an ambulance for one of the lads after he fell down a river bank in the dark and landed on a branch that stabbed him in the back, they tried to throw us off the site there and then but he was the driver:lol:

That’s where we used to stay anarl.
Night out in seahorses , dead canny.
But aye - 1992 or 3 so not sure what it’s like now
I went there a year or two with the family. I had been there loads as a kid and always found it a quiet family site.

It is massive now, very crowded and I thought a bit chavvy. It might have just been who we were next to, but shouting, swearing at the kids, music going all the time, drinking from breakfast until late. And god knows why but they would start the car and run the engine for 10 minutes every couple of hours so we were sat in exhaust fumes. Looking around the site, I didn’t think it would be much better elsewhere.

I do think Birtish campsites have changed as camping has become more popular. They used to be quiet most of the time. Nobody would play music, respecting the fact that half the field does not want to hear it and it would fall to silence after 10. So many places I have stayed in recent years seem to have music everywhere and loud drinking groups of multiple families until midnight or later.

I went there a year or two with the family. I had been there loads as a kid and always found it a quiet family site.

It is massive now, very crowded and I thought a bit chavvy. It might have just been who we were next to, but shouting, swearing at the kids, music going all the time, drinking from breakfast until late. And god knows why but they would start the car and run the engine for 10 minutes every couple of hours so we were sat in exhaust fumes. Looking around the site, I didn’t think it would be much better elsewhere.

I do think Birtish campsites have changed as camping has become more popular. They used to be quiet most of the time. Nobody would play music, respecting the fact that half the field does not want to hear it and it would fall to silence after 10. So many places I have stayed in recent years seem to have music everywhere and loud drinking groups of multiple families until midnight or later.
This one aye?

Beadnell Bay Campsite | Explore Northumberland from Beadnell Bay Campsite - The Camping & Caravanning Club

can anyone recommend a campsite that would allow 4 teenagers to camp, without adults?

somewhere within an hours drive of sunderland if possible. they are canny young'ns, but inevitably will get tarred with the same brush as all the radgey teenagers.

Welcome to Daleview Holiday Park

It doesn't state any age restrictions and is only a fiver per person per night. It tends to have Pennine Way walkers staying. There's also a club house which does food.

Finchale abbey was the place for us in the fifties.

Me too Kitch, but in the Nineties. We used to bike there too.

There is one in bishop Auckland called meadow farm. Was canny when we went. Has a shower block and bogs and electric if needed. Can hire a fire pit as well.

Looks spot on that. They've spoke to the owner and he said its fine.

In the dunes at Alnwick?

Seahouses ish

One of the stipulations set by her mam was that they go to a proper campsite, with it being their first time away and that. Hopefully they enjoy it and get out wild camping next summer when they are 18.

Fucks sake what I'd give to be 18 again

Back