Cameras at Wembley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know what the rules are regarding taking cameras into Wembley?

Was planning on taking my SLR down to get some photos of group shots of branch members outside the stadium and hopefully a couple inside with the branch flag on display.

On the official Wembley website it says they do not allow "professional cameras & recording devices (This applies to cameras that have interchangeable lenses)"

Read more at http://www.wembleystadium.com/TheStadium/StadiumGuide/RulesnRegulations#zyjU04uIvhfk5CKi.99

So instead of taking my trusty DSLR (better to be safe than sorry) I've just bought a cheap but quality mega zoom compact camera of Ebay for the huge sum of £8.50. Hope this helps.

Cheers for that, looks I might have to rely on my iPhone :rolleyes:

Although I think I may have a compact one lying gathering dust somewhere, will have to check.

I was hoping to take my 7d with 15 - 85 on it, purely for some memorable shots, wont be anywhere near enough for photos of the match or presentation, just want pics of Wembley, crowds and family enjoying the day out. Don't want to have to hand it in to cockney stewards tho!

I was hoping to take my 7d with 15 - 85 on it, purely for some memorable shots, wont be anywhere near enough for photos of the match or presentation, just want pics of Wembley, crowds and family enjoying the day out. Don't want to have to hand it in to cockney stewards tho!

I was hoping to take my canon 550 with just the 18-55 lens, like yourself purely for pics of Wembley, the crowd. Also had planned on getting a group photo of the Esh and Langley branches with the Durham flag just outside the ground.

Do they do bag searches when going in? Did think about putting it the bottom of my shoulder bag/carrier, whilst conveniently covered by a raincoat type thing...

I was hoping to take my canon 550 with just the 18-55 lens, like yourself purely for pics of Wembley, the crowd. Also had planned on getting a group photo of the Esh and Langley branches with the Durham flag just outside the ground.

Do they do bag searches when going in? Did think about putting it the bottom of my shoulder bag/carrier, whilst conveniently covered by a raincoat type thing...
They even do cavity searches if you have manbags

Found this on Wembley Website - on the comments - http://www.wembleystadium.com/Events/2014/League-Cup-Final/2-March-2014

Philip Thompson · FollowFollowing · Chef at Bondcare
I am wanting to bring my SLR camera to take photos of the day, will I be allowed in stadium with this?
Reply · Like
· Follow Post · 7 hours ago
  • Logon or register to see this image

Wembley Stadium
    As long as your lens is less than 20cm in length it will be allowed in
    Reply · Like · 5 hours ago

Brilliant cheers! :)

my 80-200 f2.8L magic drainpipe just fits under the 20cm like :) Wont be taking it though, it weighs a ton! Will make sure I have the page bookmarked on my phone just incase I get stopped tho.

my 80-200 f2.8L magic drainpipe just fits under the 20cm like :) Wont be taking it though, it weighs a ton! Will make sure I have the page bookmarked on my phone just incase I get stopped tho.
Thing is mate.. If they ignore that post and refuse to let you in.. You're buggered for the match.

As mentioned. I bet thats 20mm not cm

not many slr's around with a 20mm lens though, apart from maybe the pancake. I'll have a 15-85mm on my 7d and take my chances!

They cannot mean 20cm surely? That would mean letting in lots of Slrs with hd video and pretty powerful telephotos

Rule 1 must apply I guess , no interchangeable lenses

Found this on Wembley Website - on the comments - http://www.wembleystadium.com/Events/2014/League-Cup-Final/2-March-2014

Philip Thompson · FollowFollowing · Chef at Bondcare
I am wanting to bring my SLR camera to take photos of the day, will I be allowed in stadium with this?
Reply · Like
· Follow Post · 7 hours ago
  • Logon or register to see this image

Wembley Stadium
    As long as your lens is less than 20cm in length it will be allowed in
    Reply · Like · 5 hours ago

500mm mirror lens on micro four thirds, sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back