Calling tree fellers ! Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The tree leans over the railway at about 60 degrees with very wide branches, by the time they sort all that, the tree is pretty much gone. They have said they are taking whole tree down.

I'd say that those branches are not on her property and therefore not her problem. Tell network rail they can cut owt they want to that overhangs, and tell them they can fuck off if they think she's paying for owt too.

Tell them to stick it up their arse.
The only thing is she wants tree down
because she was in garden when a large branch dropped down into another neighbours, she is scared of tree now. Branches have dropped on to railway lines before and network rail cleared them without cost to her. (makes you think they feel responsible for tree).

The tree is on boundary of network rail land and her land, she reckons over the years they have moved a fence to make it appear to be on her land . She doesn't dispute ownership, she just feels that the cost is too high.

The estimate currently is £40,000 to £50,000 . I have told her to pay nothing currently.

It sounds as if it's a scam.

Network Rail would never ask for that.

We live next to a depot and their team are always chopping/pruning, and they have all the special gear, including track/cranes to do it easily.

It really sounds like she's been approached by some travelling chancers who stick a hi-viz vest on and knock on old ladies' doors.

Did she get a letter, or was she 'approached'?

Have they put that in writing? If so get straight onto the media
Verbal so far as they don't know how they are going to do the job as so tall and wide and rotten. I'm kind of hoping it is a scam by the men who visited her today and network rail will put the final cost lower? I will tell her to put the written quote to the local paper? national press?

Verbal so far as they don't know how they are going to do the job as so tall and wide and rotten. I'm kind of hoping it is a scam by the men who visited her today and network rail will put the final cost lower? I will tell her to put the written quote to the local paper? national press?
Well if you think it might be a scam contact network rail first.

It sounds as if it's a scam.

Network Rail would never ask for that.

We live next to a depot and their team are always chopping/pruning, and they have all the special gear, including track/cranes to do it easily.

It really sounds like she's been approached by some travelling chancers who stick a hi-viz vest on and knock on old ladies' doors.

Did she get a letter, or was she 'approached'?
No , sadly they aren't chancers (?) as when branches came down before she was advised to contact network rail, which she did. They wrote to her and said they are taking the tree down and she has to pay. She'd likely stump (no pun :p) up a couple of grand to get rid of it, but £50,000!

because she was in garden when a large branch dropped down into another neighbours, she is scared of tree now. Branches have dropped on to railway lines before and network rail cleared them without cost to her. (makes you think they feel responsible for tree).

The tree is on boundary of network rail land and her land, she reckons over the years they have moved a fence to make it appear to be on her land . She doesn't dispute ownership, she just feels that the cost is too high.
They probably cleared them to prevent an accident!

I

I'm absolutely certain it's a scam, pro tree surgeons would do it for a couple of grand if it's huge.

No , sadly they aren't chancers (?) as when branches came down before she was advised to contact network rail, which she did. They wrote to her and said they are taking the tree down and she has to pay. She'd likely stump (no pun :p) up a couple of grand to get rid of it, but £50,000!

Who exactly has quoted the cost of building a small house to do this?

Press and MP in all seriousness.

Tell her to tell them to go fuck themselves.
Network rail can not make decisions about anything on her land.
They are allowed to lop any part of the tree what crosses the boundary encroaching on to their land.
However she is responsible for the costs to dispose of it.

I believe this to be the case and it would be my stance if I was said lady..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back