Calculating Daily Caloric Requirements - Read Before Asking For Diet Advise

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh, to be honest I think I'll stick with bulking (so to speak for a couple of weeks then try and cut a bit in the next few weeks).

I say bulking but I eat pretty healthy stuff and lots of it some days and not so much on others. A lot of days atm I would say anywhere between 2000-2800 cals most days but some days I'll eat healthy ish and do 3000-3500 (Basically just eat what I want and when I want).

Carbs and fat amounts is what I'm after.... What is sensible when wanting to cut etc. I train at 6.30am so don't eat before so often don't bother with a lot of carbs but I know they are needed.

See this thread mate; http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=691054

problem I have with this is how to calculate my body fat percentage. basically theres barely an ounce on me, im pretty skinny around my stomach but ive never had visible abs so it cant be that low.

problem I have with this is how to calculate my body fat percentage. basically theres barely an ounce on me, im pretty skinny around my stomach but ive never had visible abs so it cant be that low.
When you're in the baths and you stop swimming, do you sink or float?

right, i've just done the calcs and with lbm of 141, i'm getting calorie intake of 5000 per day and that's mental anyone help?

Right, I'm going to quickly go over how to get an estimate of daily intake requirements.

Firstly, you'll need to calculate your Lean Body Mass (LBM):

100 - Bodyfat% x total weight (kg) /100 = LBM

Then using your lean body mass, calculate Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR):

LBM x 21.6 + 370 = BMR

Once you have your BMR, multiply that against the following criteria:

1.2 = Sedentary
1.3-1.4 = Lightly Active
1.5-1.6 = Moderately Active (A majority find they fall into this category)
1.7-1.8 = Very Active
1.9-2.2 = Extremely Active

From that you have an estimate of your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE). To gain weight, it is recommended that you eat 10-20% over your total daily energy expendature, creating a significant calorie surplus, the opposite if trying to reduce weight efficiently.

This formula, although deemed one of the most accurate is just providing that, an estimate, so tweak your diet accordingly.

lbm 141 x 21.6 + 370 = 3415.6 x 1.5 = 5123.4:lol: what have i done here like

right, i've just done the calcs and with lbm of 141, i'm getting calorie intake of 5000 per day and that's mental anyone help?

lbm 141 x 21.6 + 370 = 3415.6 x 1.5 = 5123.4:lol: what have i done here like

You don't have a LBM of 141 that's why :lol:

What's your weight (KG) and bodyfat%?

Right, I'm going to quickly go over how to get an estimate of daily intake requirements.

Firstly, you'll need to calculate your Lean Body Mass (LBM):

100 - Bodyfat% x total weight (kg) /100 = LBM

Then using your lean body mass, calculate Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR):

LBM x 21.6 + 370 = BMR

Once you have your BMR, multiply that against the following criteria:

1.2 = Sedentary
1.3-1.4 = Lightly Active
1.5-1.6 = Moderately Active (A majority find they fall into this category)
1.7-1.8 = Very Active
1.9-2.2 = Extremely Active

From that you have an estimate of your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE). To gain weight, it is recommended that you eat 10-20% over your total daily energy expendature, creating a significant calorie surplus, the opposite if trying to reduce weight efficiently.

This formula, although deemed one of the most accurate is just providing that, an estimate, so tweak your diet accordingly.

:eek:
That's an eye opener. If I've done this right, I can only have about 1400 calories a day before I think of losing weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back