Buying chicken breasts - best value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there better options for buying decent quality ones in bulk (no water) rather than from the supermarket? I see there are online options - any recommendations?

Cheers

I see Homer Hill Farm shop are doing the big packs now for about 25 quid. Will definitely be good quality like.

Do you know what weight? Just realised where this is, pass everyday
It's a good farm shop like Rossykins. Think it was 20 breasts for 25 quid but reading it now it sounds a bit too cheap. It's literally just off the A690 like so pop in and check tomorrow and let me know. ;)

It's usually about 5kg isn't it?

It's a good farm shop like Rossykins. Think it was 20 breasts for 25 quid but reading it now it sounds a bit too cheap. It's literally just off the A690 like so pop in and check tomorrow and let me know. ;)

Aye 5kg sounds about right. I'll pop in, cheers

5kg for £25 from a farm shop is superb, presuming they're not just knocking out battery imported stuff cheap.

Any joy mate?
went yesterday.

10 chicken breasts all a minimum of 170g for £11. Sure they did 24 for £28.50 which makes zero sense so I'm doubting myself and thinking surely it must be 28 for £24.50

Haven't tried them yet like but will be tonight. Had sunday lunch there too, not up to Knitsleys standards IMO but very handy for me rather than going all the way up consett.

Are there better options for buying decent quality ones in bulk (no water) rather than from the supermarket? I see there are online options - any recommendations?

Cheers
McMurchies in Hetton, we swear by the place mate. He does a 5kg pack for £20 and its quality like.

On another note try his sauces he makes, Diane,Wild Mushroom, Red wine as they f***ing lovely!

McMurchies in Hetton, we swear by the place mate. He does a 5kg pack for £20 and its quality like.

On another note try his sauces he makes, Diane,Wild Mushroom, Red wine as they f***ing lovely!

Does he make them, or are they the same one a lot of butchers/farm shops give with their streaks?

went yesterday.

10 chicken breasts all a minimum of 170g for £11. Sure they did 24 for £28.50 which makes zero sense so I'm doubting myself and thinking surely it must be 28 for £24.50

Haven't tried them yet like but will be tonight. Had sunday lunch there too, not up to Knitsleys standards IMO but very handy for me rather than going all the way up consett.

circa 2kg for £11 - not bad if they're free range as you'd expect from a farm shop.

Does he make them, or are they the same one a lot of butchers/farm shops give with their streaks?

circa 2kg for £11 - not bad if they're free range as you'd expect from a farm shop.
yer I don't mind paying that if they're decent. Use by date on them is the 25th so must be very fresh too.

went yesterday.

Nice one mate. Will get some myself then. Not had the bait in the café but it always seems rammed. Must make a fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back