Burton at home postponed?

Fixture pile up did us no good last year. Just play it. Who do we actually lose anyway now oviedo is gone?

Grigg and Flanagan and McLaughlin. Maybe some kids to U21 squads. Need to lose 3 to request a cancellation, which we’d do, so would be in our court as to whether we want it or not
May be wrong but is it always our home game weekend the Great North Run coincides with rather than the Mags???

Yes, due to it being held in Newcastle and not in Sunderland...

Factory operative,work continental shifts,4 in 4 off
you could have just said packer :)
Grigg and Flanagan and McLaughlin. Maybe some kids to U21 squads. Need to lose 3 to request a cancellation, which we’d do, so would be in our court as to whether we want it or not

Yes, due to it being held in Newcastle and not in Sunderland...
wrong...starts in newcastle ends in south shields

Last edited:
our home friendlies c;lash with the airshow too
I don't think it was such a big issue, however, if Newcastle played at home on run day it would be chaos,with road closures, Metro, etc. I hate us being at home on run weekend as I run it!
point is the bulk of the crowds are nearer our ground than theirs

its like saying england play at wembley but after 5 minutes they fuck off to stamford bridge
I think he meant it isn't only in Newcastle?

Last edited:

its like saying england play at wembley but after 5 minutes they fuck off to stamford bridge
My point is that the number of roads closed in Sunderland is none (zero zilch) whereas there are various road closures in Newcastle and Gateshead both of which are nearer to Sid James than the SOL.

What the fuck are you on about? It starts in Newcastle, there’ll be thousands of people in Newcastle for it, the public transport around Newcastle is suspended or rerouted because lots of the roads are closed including one of the main bridge access roads. How is it not held in Newcastle? And what the fuck is your Chelsea analogy? Are you high?

It impacts Sunderland in no way at all. It may impact people commuting to Sunderland from Newcastle and the surrounding areas but it does not impact Sunderland. I’ve lived here all my life and never noticed that it’s even been on, apart from hearing about it or watching tv. Therefore why on earth would they force Newcastle to play at home that weekend instead of us?

What the fuck are you on about? It starts in Newcastle, there’ll be thousands of people in Newcastle for it, the public transport around Newcastle is suspended or rerouted because lots of the roads are closed including one of the main bridge access roads. How is it not held in Newcastle? And what the fuck is your Chelsea analogy? Are you high?

It impacts Sunderland in no way at all. It may impact people commuting to Sunderland from Newcastle and the surrounding areas but it does not impact Sunderland. I’ve lived here all my life and never noticed that it’s even been on, apart from hearing about it or watching tv. Therefore why on earth would they force Newcastle to play at home that weekend instead of us?
haha calm yaself down man its a message board ffs :)

and the many coaches travelling from tyneside and northumberland that are disrupted?

Last edited:

Back