Bulk Buying Daily Stuff

that bog roll isnt that cheap mind

I used to have an account with the Unilever Store (which was for staff only, but being a client of ours, so we got access too). The bastards have closed the store, but I used to get massively discounted washing powders, deodorants, shower gels and shampoos from them, for next-to-nothing, as well as daft little items they'd chuck in for free. Was great at Xmas too, as their gift sets were dirt cheap.

A year after they closed the shop, I still have about 12 bottles of Dove shower gel to use :lol:. Their customer service was spot-on anarl.

I find Costco isn't that cheap for most stuff, still love the place though. Quality is decent on their Kirkland range but I think people just go mad in there for some reason.
Always spend a small fortune, as you say not always cheaper,just have to work per kg etc. ideal for a big shop and to get diesel as well. Makes it worth while
that bog roll isnt that cheap mind
For decent stuff its not bad. No use getting the thin stuff

Buy my bog roll in 36s from work
Coke slabs too
That's it ,but I get the bulky stuff delivered to my door by a supermarket
£6/7.00 for 9 pack in Sainsbury's and most supermarkets for that matter, for bog rolls. 36 decent or similar quality in Costco £11.00 for 36. Same with kitchen rolls. Buy nearly all of our meat ( yes, carnivores R us) their and the quality is top..

£6/7.00 for 9 pack in Sainsbury's and most supermarkets for that matter, for bog rolls. 36 decent or similar quality in Costco £11.00 for 36. Same with kitchen rolls. Buy nearly all of our meat ( yes, carnivores R us) their and the quality is top..
Just under a tenner on staff for the 36 rolls . Nowt flash
Hate the plush coated ones etc
Happy to use the local butcher on meat . Don't go through loads.

Get some good deals on other stuff in fairness. Some good value to be had on the clothes.

Electricals, got a good deal on a Mac book on black Friday.

Never come away without spending £100 in there
Aye I was trying to convince my ganny to get the iPad pro from there but she doesn't trust 'these foreign places'🤣 and wanted to spend an extra £150 to get the same thing from Currys

We usually get bulk stuff from Amazon - might be cheaper at Costco but when we had account we would go for loo roll etc and spend over £300 on stuff we didn’t realise we needed

Which is exactly what would happen if the misses came along if we went there:lol: another good reason for not going.

We looked into getting the membership but didn't think it was worth it as don't have a massive family & very few things we bulk buy that much. Add in the trek through to gateshead.....
It's worth it for me just for the diesel.
I do over 30k miles a year and our Oldham head office is right next to a Costco and I'm often passing the Gatehead one. Even filled up at the Thurrock one on Friday ffs.
£1.38 a litre and it's the premium stuff which is over £1.60 a litre I think?

My time is the biggest cost and issue here.

Getting a 36 pack for example of toilet roll for £1 less in Costco then their softener is £2 more than somewhere else. Foil is 50p cheaper, washing tablets £1.

Before you know it you’ve spent an extra £10 in petrol and another hour and a half of your own time to save a few quid when it’s actually cost you more.

Couldn’t be bothered.

Back