Building A Championship Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Define 'throwing millions'. Cos we absolutely will have to spend millions, nee measuring about it.
Gone are the days of wasting millions on players, they have already said it will be a data approach scouring all of europe. They will no doubt spend money, but wont be wasting it.

He's one of very few that might, at a push, step up to the Championship. He'd require some good coaching, a couple of decent centre halves and a decent midfielder to help him out. So there's three players you'd need already just to accommodate young (is 23 that young?) Denver.
If he’s 23 and not ripping up L1 then it’s doubtful if he’ll ever be regular PL standard and I think he’s our brightest prospect! I thought he was younger tbh.
Same goes for all of em in L1 who ever they play for.

Gone are the days of wasting millions on players, they have already said it will be a data approach scouring all of europe. They will no doubt spend money, but wont be wasting it.
Good.

Spending money (wisely) is not the devil. Some people forget that.
If he’s 23 and not ripping up L1 then it’s doubtful if he’ll ever be regular PL standard and I think he’s our brightest prospect! I thought he was younger tbh.
Same goes for all of em in L1 who ever they play for.
He's 23 in August, so I was talking in terms of next season, but aye, the point still stands.

Last edited:
Good.

Spending money (wisely) is not the devil. Some people forget that.

He's 23 in August, so I was talking in terms of next season, but aye, the point still stands.
Thing is, apart from as you say, we would need 2 good CBs and a good left sided midfielder to accommodate him.Then in my book you cant play him in a 4 in this league never mind if we go up.Also from listening to LJ he likes a back 4 not that wingback system.

Thing is, apart from as you say, we would need 2 good CBs and a good left sided midfielder to accommodate him.Then in my book you cant play him in a 4 in this league never mind if we go up.Also from listening to LJ he likes a back 4 not that wingback system.
I think you could play him in a back 4. He's obviously nowhere near the same level in quality, but PVA turned his game around once Sam got hold of him and we set up better to protect him.

Assembling a competitive squad is exactly the sort of challenge that makes someone want to own a football club !
We have to hope that between Speakman and LJ they can identify players who can play at the top of the championship and who fit in Kyril's budget.

Out of interest how many departures have been to championship or higher level leagues?
5 to championship 2 to Scottish premier league. 3 of them went to Stoke for around Β£6M none of the 3 would get in our team now, we replaced them with better players for a quarter of what we sold them for πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back