Budapest

barmyarmy73

Full Back
Hi me n the mrs. going to Budapest for a 3 days early Feb.
Any tips, must sees, keep away froms.
Staying district 6 near opera house.
Cheers in advance

House of terror is literally next door. Canny soviet era crap. Oh and a big tank. There was a nice bust of Stalin you weren’t supposed to touch but I rubbed uncle joe’s head as I passed.

Walk up Andrassy Ut and and go to the baths. Get the tiny underground train back down and go to the ruin bars. After that it was a blur for us. We did have a nice Italian in a restaurant in the square in front of the basilica

Last edited by a moderator:
Szimpla for a ruin bar. Wander over chain bridge to the castle etc. great place.

People say about the spa baths but ye locals I know go to select ones otherwise they’re full of perving old Hungarians.

On that note, wear sun glasses as the lasses are class and you don’t want your missus to see the amount of perving you’ll be doing.

Lovely place, get yourself to either Gellert or Szechenyi baths and be sure to check out Heroe's Square at night.

Gelert baths superb
Szimpla Kert is mint too, ruinpubs are a right laugh
If you're in that area, grad up the street and head for Gozsdu Court. A long covered street of loads of different pubs and restaurants. We only found it on our last night, which a shame. Proper mint.

We went in the summer a few year ago. One of my favourite breaks away. We stopped in Pest. There's more bars etc on that side of the city. Szechenyi Spa baths were fantastic. There's a few different hot spa baths in the complex and you can spend hours in there. Enjoy.

Don’t know if it’s still the same but we randomly went in red ruin bar. Was a communist bar, pictures of hitler and Stalin on the walls. Was a bit odd but was £1.24 for a stein so not complaining

Back