Bruce Springsteen

It was a long held rumour amongst fans that a full electric Nebraska existed in the vaults.

Doubt it myself as I reckon it would’ve surfaced now, either officially or unofficially.

Atlantic city live too was full band. Reason to believe had a full band arrangement on the magic tour as well
I think there'll be versions there. But I think there's some grey areas over what "electric Nebraska" actually constitutes. Just going over that link @Sam Handwich posted, some of the electric Nebraska wound up on USA.

There'll be all sorts there in that vaults. It's the way he works.

I think there'll be versions there. But I think there's some grey areas over what "electric Nebraska" actually constitutes. Just going over that link @Sam Handwich posted, some of the electric Nebraska wound up on USA.

Yeah, there were strong rumours of a Tracks 2 coming but that seems to have quietened down now.

Would much prefer that than a soul covers album . . .

It was a long held rumour amongst fans that a full electric Nebraska existed in the vaults.

Doubt it myself as I reckon it would’ve surfaced now, either officially or unofficially.

Atlantic city live too was full band. Reason to believe had a full band arrangement on the magic tour as well

Busy reading (slowly!) Little Steven's book. He talks of the first time that Bruce played him the "demo" tracks for Nebraska and claims that he told Bruce it was brilliant and that he should do no more to it. Just release it in that format.
By all accounts they went along to the Record Company, played them tracks from BITUSA which they knew were going to be big hits and told them that they'd only release that album if the Record Company would put out Nebraska first.

Busy reading (slowly!) Little Steven's book. He talks of the first time that Bruce played him the "demo" tracks for Nebraska and claims that he told Bruce it was brilliant and that he should do no more to it. Just release it in that format.
By all accounts they went along to the Record Company, played them tracks from BITUSA which they knew were going to be big hits and told them that they'd only release that album if the Record Company would put out Nebraska first.
That makes sense as I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that half of BITUSA was recorded in 82 and the rest in 83/84

Yeah, there were strong rumours of a Tracks 2 coming but that seems to have quietened down now.

Would much prefer that than a soul covers album . . .

Yeah same. I’m happy for any release but if it’s not a studio album I’d prefer unreleased tracks similar to when he released the Promise.

I have heard that too. He brought the solo recordings to the band ( demos so they thought). But the band versions just did not work.

Unless they destroyed them there must be something somewhere.

Expect a very expensive release in a few years.

Can't be doing with this at all. It's like when Big Ron or Chris Kamera released those novelty swing records at Christmas time.

He better not litter his sets with this guff on the tour, given the price people have paid for the bastard tickets

Can't be doing with this at all. It's like when Big Ron or Chris Kamera released those novelty swing records at Christmas time.

He better not litter his sets with this guff on the tour, given the price people have paid for the bastard tickets
It will be included as that’s what he is currently into.

Imagine how sick he must be of playing Born to Run for the 2,000th (approximately) time or Thunder Road.

It will be included as that’s what he is currently into.

Imagine how sick he must be of playing Born to Run for the 2,000th (approximately) time or Thunder Road.
Cant see him playing any of these covers on this tour as I think it could be his last big one. I've heard a couple of the new covers and to be honest I dont think he adds anything to them, none are anywhere as good as the originals.
Still really looking forward to the tour though.

Cant see him playing any of these covers on this tour as I think it could be his last big one. I've heard a couple of the new covers and to be honest I dont think he adds anything to them, none are anywhere as good as the originals.
Still really looking forward to the tour though.
Well I can only pick out Soozie in the Nightshift videio, and if I remember rightly I think there was only her and possibly Patti squawking on in the Frankie Wilson one, so a lack of E Street involvement may bode well for leaving them out on tour. He does have a recent E Street album to include in the set already.

I'm also hoping Patti stays at home anarl - he's a miles better turn without her.
Just had Bruce and then The Commodores' version on back to back - nee comparison like. :lol:

Last edited:

Back