British Isis schoolgirl wants to return to UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most of her detractors are more concerned about her turning her back on her own country to voluntarily go and support a terrorist organisation who were actively attacking children in the uk than who she was getting boned by mate.
I meant as in a hypothetical scenario. Are 15 year old girls who start an online relationship with a 30 year old man are groomed and willingly sleep with him fair game? And if not why is this scenario different. 15 year olds are either old enough to make there own decisions and live with the consequences or are too young and vulnerable to make those decisions. Which is it?

I meant as in a hypothetical scenario. Are 15 year old girls who start an online relationship with a 30 year old man are groomed and willingly sleep with him fair game? And if not why is this scenario different. 15 year olds are either old enough to make there own decisions and live with the consequences or are too young and vulnerable to make those decisions. Which is it?
Fair game for what?

Fifteen is old enough to realise there are consequences for your actions

15 year olds who murder people get put in prison even if they were groomed. There is a massive difference between getting fucked and becoming a terrorist.

I don't think there is. She has made her bed. Imho. If the authorities where ever she is want to deport her then we have to allow her back but that is all. Again imho.
Of course there is

She was a 15 year old girl who was groomed. And then seemingly didn’t actually hurt anyone herself

That’s very different to jihadi John

I’m not saying she’s totally innocent and shouldn’t be punished. But there is a difference clearly

who has said that?

The broad point he’s making is that we either assume 15 year old children have competence to understand the impacts of their decisions (and therefore we wrongfully place legal limits on their behaviour) or we say they don’t understand and if so how can we blame her for going?

I’m sure you do know this

She's 19 had 3 kids die and is not shocked by heads in bins. Not sure she's tuned into Western society. Her fault or not she can piss off
Do the Syrians want her there? Shes not a Syrian citizen she entered the country illegally we would deport her can they not do the same? Its not a question of whether we want her but a question of who's responsibility she is and I think she is ours not syrias.

Of course there is

She was a 15 year old girl who was groomed. And then seemingly didn’t actually hurt anyone herself

That’s very different to jihadi John

I’m not saying she’s totally innocent and shouldn’t be punished. But there is a difference clearly
As I said earlier if isis had won out she wouldn't be asking for a pass back to Whitechapel

I’d argue that’s irrelevant given that we are judging people by western law as part of this thread

And also that the country he is in doesn’t have a functioning justice system

Age of consent in Austria is 14, as I said earlier it was 13 in Spain a few years ago.

Are they not classed as the west?

Do the Syrians want her there? Shes not a Syrian citizen she entered the country illegally we would deport her can they not do the same? Its not a question of whether we want her but a question of who's responsibility she is and I think she is ours not syrias.
She's is her own responsibility. She didn't fancy UK life so fucked off to Syria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back