Brilliant from Southgate

Class work from Southgate.
Scotland extra motivation to beat Croatia, puts Croatia out.
We beat the Czechs and top the group.
Scotland go out against France while we still have the easiest possible route to the final.

Going down Burton tomorrow to buy a waistcoat.
That's a long way to travel to buy a waistcoat. Matalan over Pallion can sort out a fashionista like your good self.

Sunday the full backs weren’t adventurous tonight they were, which meant Phillips played 20 metres deeper so we could not press high due to lack of numbers high up the pitch and created fuck all not rocket science is it
But cut inside every bloody time. having said that, there was no one in the box to cross too. Kane was so far behind play yet Southgate takes off Foden, the only player to consistently run into the box

Sunday the full backs weren’t adventurous tonight they were, which meant Phillips played 20 metres deeper so we could not press high due to lack of numbers high up the pitch and created fuck all not rocket science is it
The full backs were adventurous? Not sure what game you were watching. They couldn’t have been less adventurous if their Mams had wrapped them up in cotton wool and reminded them not to forget their inhalers. Oh and be sure to be back in time for cocoa.

He bottled it. Take most attacking threat off. Not putting Sancho on and keeping two DMs. Plaudits for way he handled first game but Southgate bottled tonight
I'd agree.. I recall when he took the job that he said that reputations count for nothing and he would play those in form , not because they were at a big club. Its took four and a bit years but he has reverted back to type. What was the idea of taking Foden off who was the most mobile player up front. Rashford coming on was a joke.

Had we drawn with Croatia and beaten Scotland people would think it's going well. 4 points from two games.

The result/performance last night wasn't what we wanted and towards the end Southgate probably settled for a point. But either way we've still got 4 points from two games, beat the Czechs at Wembley to top the group. Not a bad situation.

not good enough for me. Didn’t need 2 midfields sitting again Scotland (with all due respect). After last night I don’t think we’ve got any chance with him in charge. You couldn’t even see what he was trying to achieve. At least when Jose goes defensive you can see what he’s trying to do.

Scotland got their tactics spot on. Sterling never got a kick, they forced Kane to come deep and they chased everything in midfield. It could have been a different story if Stones had scored but over the ninety mins they were the team who certainly seemed to want it more. Maybe the England team took Gareth Southgate's message to play the match and not the occasion too literally because some of the play was pedestrian especially in defence. Thank goodness for Jordan Pickford.

Scotland go out against France while we still have the easiest possible route to the final.

I’m off to Hartlepool to buy him a pair of exploding trousers
I'd agree.. I recall when he took the job that he said that reputations count for nothing and he would play those in form , not because they were at a big club. Its took four and a bit years but he has reverted back to type. What was the idea of taking Foden off who was the most mobile player up front. Rashford coming on was a joke.
Rashford isn’t a centre forward and he had CL sat on the bench the f**king pudden. Heart of a chicken

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m off to Hartlepool to buy him a pair of exploding trousers

Rashford isn’t a centre forward and he had CL sat on the bench the f**king pudden
Kane, Rashford, Sterling have all been off form for months. Yes, Skip Rat scored the other night but his all round play much like Kane's has been very poor which is why Pepe had him on the bench. I'll be surprised if Sterling is at Man City next season and Kane , if I were Pep, I'd not touch him with a barge pole. I think there an underlying problem with Kane whether that's Ankles or muscular I don't know but at £150 m would you take the chance? As for Rashford he has been poor nearly all season for Manure imo

Kane, Rashford, Sterling have all been off form for months. Yes, Skip Rat scored the other night but his all round play much like Kane's has been very poor which is why Pepe had him on the bench. I'll be surprised if Sterling is at Man City next season and Kane , if I were Pep, I'd not touch him with a barge pole. I think there an underlying problem with Kane whether that's Ankles or muscular I don't know but at £150 m would you take the chance? As for Rashford he has been poor nearly all season for Manure imo
Kane had a very good season

I don't think they will. They've not looked anywhere near themselves.
I think Scotland at hampden with a heavy incentive will be a good bet for the win

Aye that is proof. What were the odds tonight?
Has 0:0 written all over it as it would take the assistance of Rob Roy, Rob Bruce and Supergran for that scotland forward line to score a goal at the moment!
Logon or register to see this image

ScotlAnd are the worst team in the tournament by a country mile

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hope Scotland win but cannot see them scoring a goal

Certainly in the Czech game, regardless of the result, it became clear we could create chances until midnight and nothing was going in. That hampers any team, never mind one of the minnows. May need to get a bit of luck against the Croats and certainly need them to play at the level they did against the Czechs rather than the fight they put up against England later in the game, but it's last chance now, reckon it will be very tough.
Well apart from us having the best chance, which we should have scored from, and also lookimg totally comfortable aye spot on

Comfortable teams don't fail to win. "should have, could have, didn't" it's the score that counts, both teams as in most international games, missed gilt-edged chances.

Last edited:

we had an easy route last time and fucked that up as we would again

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Certainly in the Czech game, regardless of the result, it became clear we could create chances until midnight and nothing was going in. That hampers any team, never mind one of the minnows. May need to get a bit of luck against the Croats and certainly need them to play at the level they did against the Czechs rather than the fight they put up against England later in the game, but it's last chance now, reckon it will be very tough.

Comfortable teams don't fail to win. "should have, could have, didn't" it's the score that counts, both teams as in most international games, missed gilt-edged chances.
Can’t remember Scotland’s gilt edged chance. Not being a wum either. I can remember a save from half chance first half?
Evans back post second half?

Back