Bridcutt to safc

I think Will Buckley is available on a free this summer too.

If it wasn't for injuries and he still retained his pace, then that's one of the type of players we do need. A 6ft pacey, direct winger able to run beyond people and capable of scoring goals at this level. Unfortunately at 29 and with his injuries (although he's played often at Bolton) he's not at the right age/stage of his career.

It’s frightening to see the number of players that have left the club over the last 5 years or so who were no where near good enough for us at their time of departure who are now performing at a higher level than where we are.

I could swing for deeeeep midfielders thinking they're centre backs + managers. :lol:

"Split the centre backs".
Cool, play them away from the centre and onto the touchline instead, where lack of pace isn't ever exposed..

It’s frightening to see the number of players that have left the club over the last 5 years or so who were no where near good enough for us at their time of departure who are now performing at a higher level than where we are.
Well that's not hard is it, we're just a tad of rock bottom.

Absolutely not in my view. He was by and large very negative, passing the ball backwards or sideways at best and rarely entering enemy territory. We have that in abundance within the team without adding to it.
I wondered at the time how much was down to Poyet's tactics. He was signed to play in a specific system.

He also used to terrify me when the back four had advanced leaving Bridcutt dropping back as a sweeper. The smallest man on the pitch having to deal with a ball over the top bouncing 15ft in the air while premier league forwards closed in on him. It seemed mental to me.

He didn't cope last time he was here and fell to bits iirc. I'd say the pressure of playing for us is a lot more than Forest...which is weird as they're still huge imo.
I was talking to an ex player a few years ago who told me that us and Newcastle really get on players back. He said that away teams think that if they can keep us from scoring at home then the pressure from the fans really helps the away team.

Maybe that's why it's so hard to play for us.

I never noticed that personally, but when our fans go off a player, which tends to happen a lot, they do start to go for them.

I was talking to an ex player a few years ago who told me that us and Newcastle really get on players back. He said that away teams think that if they can keep us from scoring at home then the pressure from the fans really helps the away team.

Maybe that's why it's so hard to play for us.

I never noticed that personally, but when our fans go off a player, which tends to happen a lot, they do start to go for them.

As the mags say 'they don't understand wor pride and wor passion'

I swear there is a legal obligation that no matter what player on the planet you post a thread about you ALWAYS are guaranteed this reply somewhere..

“He would be a very good signing in this league”

Paul from the dog and duck

“Very good signing in this league”

Rodez AF forward Dorian Caddy

“Seen him loads of times mate, be a very good signing in this league”

Heather Mills

“Be a very good signing in this league”

The predictability of this long winded Stewart Lee esque satirical joke is probably the best thing about being down here.

Last edited:
I’ll wait until we’ve made our signings however if we are in for the likes of Bridcutt and Downing then it’s going to be a long season
Dear dear me what an awfull signing that would be!We need to attract the best of the bunch of the league one players available who have power and pace and bridcut aint that!

Back