Brewdog

Just read the article on the news about this ‘solid gold can’ worth 15k, or at least advertised that way and it is only worth £500 or something?

Shocking business on the face of it.

Over the last 5 years I've switched jobs a number of times, worked for 5 different firms. Although some experiences were without doubt a lot worse than others it seems this kind of mentality prevails across the board in some respects wherever you work. You might get lucky as I have a couple of times recently and have had good, decent people working directly above me, but behind everything they do lurks the truth of it all. A lot of what is hit on in that letter I can relate to anyway in environments I've encountered, in particular damaging being fobbed off as challenging, fast paced truly meaning unmanageable in reality and certain people being allowed to exploit others all to do with who they were friends with/kissed the arse of. I mean this kind of thing has always gone on to a point but I've seen (and at times been subjected to) some blatant and quite honestly horrific examples of it going on recently. And it's always these toxic people and companies who do their utmost to portray their public image as pristine, whilst the ones that genuinely aren't so bad or are generally more friendly to all just get on with it and are mostly unnoticed. Shit little world we live in at times.

The missus will decide. Got a couple of other places booked including brew york. And in the past we've happily drank a day away in North Bar.

Got to reschedule the restaurant, again, but these things happen.
The brew York in Leeds I thought was terrible, not a nice place to drink

not a beer drinker, but some of their outlets have decent malt whisky selections... sometimes go there with pals who want one of their beers... one thing is for sure though; their coffee is rank!! (worse than that brown coloured dishwashing water a lot of UK hotels or cafes were serving up as coffee back in the 70's or 80's - that bad!!! :eek:)... now I know the UK has a problem in general with 'coffee' but the stuff Brewdog try to pass off and sell as coffee is a disgrace

They do still release some decent beers (overworks, paradox, abstrakt) but a lot of it is just shite now. Massive shame, they were class years ago.
Some of their original beers were very good, but the recent stuff inc fruit infused stuff is shite. Mr President and Roaster Coaster are still fantastic go-to beers.

Trying again. This was just side one of the beer menu:

Logon or register to see this image
If you like that sort of thing, try the Head of Steam pubs. They'll have about 10 on draft, but a similar amount to your photo in bottles.

The brew York in Leeds I thought was terrible, not a nice place to drink
I heard their stuff was great. Really wanted to go to the pub in York when we were down in November, but it seemed like a long wander to drag a load of people down who didn't really care about it, so I let it go. Its not a nice place to drink?
Had a few of their beers over that weekend anyway, and they were nice imo.

They do still release some decent beers (overworks, paradox, abstrakt) but a lot of it is just shite now. Massive shame, they were class years ago.

Went from having 1 beer, to about 6 then to 40 thousand, of which you'll never see 39,996 ever again, which makes it pointless. Wish they'd just build a strong brand for about 18 or so beers, perfect them, and then promote them properly. But instead, I'll get an assortment every now and then, knowing I'll likely never see any of the "new" ones ever again.

Went from having 1 beer, to about 6 then to 40 thousand, of which you'll never see 39,996 ever again, which makes it pointless. Wish they'd just build a strong brand for about 18 or so beers, perfect them, and then promote them properly. But instead, I'll get an assortment every now and then, knowing I'll likely never see any of the "new" ones ever again.
Tbf, they’ve had a a lot of specials/one offs from the very beginning but when they were good the specials were cracking. Now, the specials are generally poor and the core beers are nowhere near as good as they once were (either because tastes have moved on or because they’ve cheapened the process, doubt we’ll ever know which it is). As a massive beer loser, I like lots of specials but they’ve got to be good…whenever I go in to a BrewDog bar now I look to the guest beers rather than their own and even that selection is getting worse I think.

Back