Status
Not open for further replies.
Aim is to lose weight.
On a normal day I have
7am breakfast-branflakes/special K then a yogurt
10am tin of tuna, piece of fruit
12pm chicken breast with veg or a beef dinner
3pm protein shake, piece of fruit
Then sometimes I have my tea before the gym sometimes after and I try have a little something before bed.
Well I say normal day Monday till Thursday, Friday.is sausage sarnie day and the weekend I they to eat good but not at the times I do during the week

Last edited:

Hows 35g of plain oats with a scoop of 20g of protein in there sound?

Is that too much of the oats or about right? Also, milk or water :confused::lol:

I always have 40g of Asda's Ready Oats in a shake at 12pm, mixes ok with milk as it's already ground up but is a little thick

Depends what your goal is and if you get enough protein from your other meals throughout the day. My aim is to build muscle, and I try to have protein with every meal.

If your on a calorie controlled diet to lose weight then perhaps protein isn't that necessary.

Protein actually becomes more important when 'cutting'

what, so protein is more important for someone like 'no aim no luck' who wants to lose weight, as apposed to me, who wants to build muscle?

If you want the weight loss to be as little muscle tissue as possible and you aren't obese, yes.

If you want the weight loss to be as little muscle tissue as possible and you aren't obese, yes.
I understand that protein is important to limit the loss of muscle tissue when dieting, but I'm not sure I'd agree that it is more important one way or the other really... But my feelings either way aren't particularly strong.

Sorted my diet out last week, trying to get specific amounts of protein and carbs down, so from last week my breakfast is basically 50g or Whey with 30g of ground oats in a shake, fills me until 10:30 when i get more protein down my neck.

Sorted my diet out last week, trying to get specific amounts of protein and carbs down, so from last week my breakfast is basically 50g or Whey with 30g of ground oats in a shake, fills me until 10:30 when i get more protein down my neck.
:eek: 50g is a canny whack for breakfast mind. Have you worked out your macros etc. Your body only needs so much protein.

had ready brek with half a scoop of protein this morning. was rank. I cannot make oats properly, always tastes lush when I use them oats so simple things as you fill the little packet with milk so the mixture is spot on.

:eek: 50g is a canny whack for breakfast mind. Have you worked out your macros etc. Your body only needs so much protein.

He said 50g of whey, not protein. With some powders that might only be 25-30g of protein.

protein shake (48g / shake), banana on 2 slices of brown toast mon - fri for me. weekend depends largely on beer consumption!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back