Bowyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seems he's been greedy

Not sure if it's greed mind, sounds like he's just wanted what other championship managers get which I suppose is fair enough given the job he did to get them there. That being said, I have a sneaky feeling he'll not be too disappointed that he can't agree terms. By the sounds of things they're going nowhere fast and, unless things are resolved, it sounds like they'll massively struggle next season regardless of who the manager is. An opportunity to part ways might have been desirable for him rather than souring his improving reputation with a relegation

Not sure if it's greed mind, sounds like he's just wanted what other championship managers get which I suppose is fair enough given the job he did to get them there. That being said, I have a sneaky feeling he'll not be too disappointed that he can't agree terms. By the sounds of things they're going nowhere fast and, unless things are resolved, it sounds like they'll massively struggle next season regardless of who the manager is. An opportunity to part ways might have been desirable for him rather than souring his improving reputation with a relegation
To what extent though he's not going to be offered what managers like lampard are on at better clubs there not going to give him what they can't afford, mind he won't struggle for a job elsewhere

To what extent though he's not going to be offered what managers like lampard are on at better clubs there not going to give him what they can't afford, mind he won't struggle for a job elsewhere

I agree, but to be fair we've only read their side of it. Maybe he's been offered less than any other championship manager, which I could understand him not being too happy about. With his contract up, his stock high and then seemingly in bother, I can understand why he wouldn't risk his reputation for a smaller pay packet than he can no doubt get elsewhere now

Definitely written by the current owner. Very honest. Wouldn't be quite so open about the manager if I actually wanted him to stay but there you go.

Perhaps we have changed the approach to honesty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back