Botswana Variant

If that happened every time a variant reared its head the borders would never be open
I mean from those countries. Did you not see the queues of people rushing to get flights here before the ban kicked in, or hear about the 40+ people in Belgium who tested positive coming on a flight from South Africa. There hasn’t been a new variant like this in months so saying the borders would never be open is a bit much.

Plan b incoming? All travel should be banned immediately. This new variant has turned up in Germany today as well. Will be all over the world now.

I mean from those countries. Did you not see the queues of people rushing to get flights here before the ban kicked in, or hear about the 40+ people in Belgium who tested positive coming on a flight from South Africa. There hasn’t been a new variant like this in months so saying the borders would never be open is a bit much.
Anyone not already in air when ban was announced would not of arrived before ban kicked in however much they rushed

As the virus mutates does the existing lateral flow and PCR tests still identify it as readily, or do they need adapting ..?
I suspect they do otherwise how were two cases found
Two cases are in Chelmsford and Nottingham apparently and are linked

Last edited:

Back