Botham, Flintoff or Stokes

Botham for me..others aren't fit to tie his pads on....cooked his dinner umpteen times, once cooked a one clawed 7 and half pound lobster for him..nice bloke

Stokes still has a long career ahead of him. Freddie was a twat and could have been one of the best. Beefy was class but stokes will be the considered the greatest once his career is over and rightly so.

Botham - in his prime, a better batsman, bowler and catcher.
Stokes - pretty much on par with Beefy batting and fielding, but no where near bowling.
Fred - better bowler than Stokes, but his batting is the weakest of the three.

I love Stokes. Flintoff was amazing for 1 series mainly. Botham wasn't just the best English player he's up there with Sobers, Richards, Hadleye, Warne. Don't know him but I know a man who knows him as a very good friend and he's a top top bloke.

Stokes still has a long career ahead of him. Freddie was a twat and could have been one of the best. Beefy was class but stokes will be the considered the greatest once his career is over and rightly so.
Stokes is quality, but not on Botham's level imo . He seems to be a batsman these days. Botham destroyed teams with bat AND ball. Flintoff is a far off third imo. Good bowler, never produced enough with the bat

It will be an interesting (and more fair) question once Stokes finishes playing.

With all due respect to Flintoff, I would say that Stokes is already comfortably ahead of him and Botham is in a different class altogether to Flintoff.

It will be an interesting (and more fair) question once Stokes finishes playing.

With all due respect to Flintoff, I would say that Stokes is already comfortably ahead of him and Botham is in a different class altogether to Flintoff.
I know he's not in the same league but I still loved Freddie the daft bastard. But England's best ashes performance for me came without him or a genuine all rounder. 2010/11 in Aus

Back