Botham, Flintoff or Stokes

Think he played in series we got humped 5-0. Scored a ton iirc on an absolute horror show of a wicket.
He was the only one to show any balls and stand up for himself. Even at a young age, he showed plenty of edge but the powers of English cricket didn't like the Rebel in him and he was dropped after the series iirc

Botham pre-1985
Stokes
Flintoff
Botham post-1985
In todays game, Stokes.

Botham is still our greatest all rounder though, but a few more years of Stokes and he won't be anymore.

I can't imagine Ben being as poor or unfit as Botham in the later half of his career. Botham was batting number 8 and bowling 75mph.

Last edited:
Botham was incredible 1977-82. I mean his stats were amazing. He was a tremendous swing bowler like Jimmy Anderson. Couple that with explosive batting and brilliant fielding and he is hard to top. Flint off got better and was the backbone of the side but was never as penetrative a bowler or as reliable a batter. Stokes really impresses me every time I watch him bat he has really learned how to build an innings but the effort to improve has been to the detriment of his bowling. He is still a good bowler however but seems to have lost the booming in swinger he had a few years ago. Beef never won the World Cup mind!
it’s nip and tuck for me Stokes or Botham but go for Botham now but this might change in the next few years! What an incredible player he is.

Back