Boston

Don't bother with the Cheers bar it's crap

James Hook & Co for a lobster roll and some chowder

Walk the Freedom Trail

You are spoilt for choice with sports - NFL, baseball, NBA, ice hockey
As this fella said Cheers bar is a waste of time. Can’t get near the bar for all the tourists taking photos and generally being annoying wankers

As this fella said Cheers bar is a waste of time. Can’t get near the bar for all the tourists taking photos and generally being annoying wankers
Walked past it on the way to something else, didn't bother even taking a picture.
Oh don't drink the water... didn't bother my girlfriend but it gave me the shits really badly... it is the fluoride.

Been 3 times, although twice was a 2 or 3 night stop before getting the train down to NYC.

I can’t add anything other than what’s been suggested already, maybe Casa Romeo for Mexican.

Oh and that Cheers bar is indeed shite!

I've been to Boston (MA, not Lincs) loads of times as I spent over 10 years working for a company based there and would visit a few times a year.

Fantastic place which is probably the most European feeling city in the US - very walkable and with a decent public transport system by US standards. Loads of touristy Irish bars around Quincy Market (equivalent to Covent Garden in London) which I would avoid but otherwise it's a good place for some beers. Loads of sports bars around the arena (keeps changing its name, used to be the Fleet Center then the TD Garden) used by the Bruins and Celtics.

Worth heading over the river to The Other Cambridge (take the red line on the subway). The area around Harvard Sq is good for a wander around with some good bars and restaurants.

Been a few times great place.

Don't know when the op is going but if its immediately it'll will be too cold for any of the boat trips at the harbour etc.

Not much in the way of sport as NFL season is over (foxboro and their hall of fame is a good day out if you are in to nfl but its far from boston)& too early for baseball. Could see the Celtics at TD garden.

Good place just to wander around, try quincy market for all the food stalls. Harford Square is canny too.

Get the train from north station up to beverly, some really good breweries and bars and restaurants there. Also Salem as previously mentioned.
Rockport is up that way too but its out of season so may not be overly busy

We had our honeymoon in Boston and went on a whale watching trip and it was fantastic - we saw loads of humpback whales which were awesome.
Done that too, was amazing, we sailed from further up the coast at Gloucester. Be freezing this time if year like

Back