Boston

Look at me etc

Any reccos on what to do, food? Will be staying for 3 nights
Don't drive up the multi-story carpark on the left it frightens the shite out of thoses driving down it.
Avoid bars with clover leaves and the Irish flag outside.
Imagine the music video for Jump Around.
Had no problems and that was the late 1980's only problem was the collections for the boys. Granted my mams side of the family was Irish.

Last edited:
Don't bother with the Cheers bar it's crap

James Hook & Co for a lobster roll and some chowder

Walk the Freedom Trail

You are spoilt for choice with sports - NFL, baseball, NBA, ice hockey

Go up the Boston Stump, trip to Skegness, walk along the Wash for some stunning wildlife, fight with Eastern Europeans er that's about it!

Don't drive up the multi-story carpark on the left it frightens the shite out of thoses driving down it.

Had no problems and that was the late 1980's only problem was the collections for the boys. Granted my mams side of the family was Irish.
Too be honest neither did we. Like all cities most people can suss out the places to avoid but many Boston pubs had a bit of The Charltons/Jacksons feel about them.

Last edited:
Look at me etc

Any reccos on what to do, food? Will be staying for 3 nights

That's a good amount of time. We went for about that. Stayed next to the Baseball Ground and it was EXTREMELY cold. Public transport is easy to work out... we went to Salem on cool trains and did the tour of the witch trial stuff. Good little bars tucked down alleys if you explore there.

For food you can not take a step without falling over a lobster or chowder spot but by the brilliant Holocaust memorial there is some covered market that has a good selection.

Loads of good bars and food spots, didn't really have anything bad and loved it.

You'll have a great time.

I stayed at The Lennox on Boylston Street. Did Quincy Market , Bay Cruise , Harvard Tour and best of all Fenway Park tour. Great walking city just pottering around. No issues with safety at all.

Boston is a fantastic city to visit and being north east it’s a shortish flight.Tons of great bars and eateries.

Prefer it to NYC as you feel you’re in a real American city .
Would return anytime.

Back