Boro player charged over social media posts from 2012

I haven't gone yet mind, still have hopes the world might see sense.
The lad was just a bairn, rightly or wrongly it's just pathetic ...who doesn't say or do something stupid at 14yrs old...

Yes, but i go back to the point, he had a choice when he got into football to come off social media or delete comments, personally i don't believe people who are under 18 should have social media at all, on a wider point i blame the parents who get their little darlings an table or smartphone, and just let them crack on with it, without putting limits on their online activities, at my age when i started using the internet, you had to know what you were doing with a computer first, these days every joker and their offspring can do it.
There is. 13, cos there are laws on what data companies can hold on anyone younger.
then in that case kev, the rule needs updating to more like 16 or 18.

Yes, but i go back to the point, he had a choice when he got into football to come off social media or delete comments, personally i don't believe people who are under 18 should have social media at all, on a wider point i blame the parents who get their little darlings an table or smartphone, and just let them crack on with it, without putting limits on their online activities, at my age when i started using the internet, you had to know what you were doing with a computer first, these days every joker and their offspring can do it.

so if that's the case he was only a child and his parents should take responsibility not him..

Yep. I don't know why they picked 13 as the age these laws apply to, but given 16/18 are thresholds for plenty of other rules and laws it wouldn't have been out of place.

As has been said though, plenty make up a dob and there are no checks.

Ridiculous that mind. I'm all for players being held to account but when he was 14 before he was even a professional? Completely out of order.

He was a teenage lad. When I was 14 I was drinking round the back of the shop and doing my best to get a smelly finger off the 16 year old lasses we sometimes knocked around with.

Yep. I don't know why they picked 13 as the age these laws apply to, but given 16/18 are thresholds for plenty of other rules and laws it wouldn't have been out of place.

As has been said though, plenty make up a dob and there are no checks.
Yeah, so the solution is you need to prove your age to access it.

In a way I'm glad the lad's black so all the c*nts trying to paint us all as racist for pushing back on this nonsense are totally clamped.

I'm bent and I couldn't give two fucks about Scousers chanting about rent boys or people making gay slurs. I've got bigger problems in life than folk calling people names, especially when everyone who isn't autistic knows it's in jest and in no way malicious.

Marc, you've got nowt to apologise for lad, and Ride a White Swan was an absolute banger.

Last edited:

Back