Bodies (Netflix)

Finished it yesterday. Was OK but suffers from the same issue of anything involving time travel in that it creates a lot of paradoxes which don't really get explained.
Halfway through 1st one, the same body has turned up in 3 time zones all of which are uninteresting.
Was interrupted so will go back, but not a great start.

Thought the 1941 line was the best, but again full of holes
Just like the vinyl would have been after he'd been shot through the guts

Last edited:

This anarl. The usually impeccable stephen Graham looks mis cast as the commander imho.

The 1941 detective looks a piss take. Lie something of a cartoon character. Bizzzare. 2023 one I don’t find believable and the 1881 or whatever it is one was the best, probably enjoy his scenes best but even that’s went a bit ott.
Haven't watched this yet but when I was reading about it I thought it seemed a very different kind of TV show for Stephen Graham. I'll give the first couple of episodes a go.

That's a shame, it was next on my watch list but it's only 4 episodes, why quit after 3?
It's 8 episodes and absolutely fails compared to the graphic novel it was based on. The concept is great, the execution of it is weak as water.

Stephen Graham is absolutely wasted in this .... Only the 1940's spiv detective is any good in it. The rest are completely miscast.

Last edited:
It's 8 episodes and absolutely fails compared to the graphic novel it was based on. The concept is great, the execution of it is weak as water.

Stephen Graham is absolutely wasted in this .... Only the 1940's spiv detective is any good in it. The rest are completely miscast.
Christ I thought he was weird.

only watched the first episode but jumps around too much and the characters are poor , dont give a balls about any of them

in 2 minds whether to stick with it

3 episodes in. It's interesting enough to keep me hooked for 8 episodes, if it was a multi season thing I'd drop it though. Never read the comic so no clue about miscasting, however I do expect Graham to become a thug by the end because it's Graham. :lol:
Sorry. That's a typo of Manifest
Ah, Didn't think of comparing them. Different style of show. Got bored of that one a couple of seasons in but did like the concept.

Last edited:
I’m on episode 7. It’s not the sort of thing I’d normally watch but by now a few of the questions I had from the first few episodes have been answered and it makes a bit more sense. I’d have probably sacked it off earlier had there been 10 or 12 episodes though.
I know that this is the premise, but it still feels a bit too disjointed.

3 episodes in. It's interesting enough to keep me hooked for 8 episodes, if it was a multi season thing I'd drop it though. Never read the comic so no clue about miscasting, however I do expect Graham to become a thug by the end because it's Graham. :lol:

Ah, Didn't think of comparing them. Different style of show. Got bored of that one a couple of seasons in but did like the concept.
It seems netflix hit you with a great first episode then eek it out so much with superfluous character back story and bunkum that things that are good concepts get lost

Totally! But he was just as portrayed in DC/ Vertigo, the graphic novel Bodies is based on.
The rest were just bog standard central casting characters and never has Stephen Graham looked so out of place in anything I've seen him in.
He did have nice new teeth, mind!
I thought his was beautifuly blow dried anarl

It seems netflix hit you with a great first episode then eek it out so much with superfluous character back story and bunkum that things that are good concepts get lost
Manifest wasn't a Netflix show, first 3 seasons were on network TV in the US. Netflix picked up the final season after it was cancelled as it doing well on the platform.

Thought Bodies was pretty good, Dark-lite if you will. Some holes here and there and the acting wasn't always the best but the time loop/travel story was decent and I thought, other than that last scene, it was all fairly clear.

Back