Bobby Gurney mural campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stuff this.....A Gary Rowell in Seaham Harbour would be great
If someone asked me to identify a photo of Raich Carter - of course I would be able to. So would most SAFC fans.

As a lifelong fan, I'm ashamed to admit that if someone asked me to identify Bobby Gurney, our all-time leading goal scorer, I would fail the test.

During lockdown I have become very nostalgic about our fantastic SAFC history. I certainly agree that Gurney needs to be honoured.

If you haven't already seen the photos on this site, please check them out and feel the pride.

BobbyGurney.com
On a similar note marra ...ive watched re runs of wins over the Mags and great games involving the lads.Dosnt half get rid of some of the apathy setting in.Turn onto here to see several "fans" making negative theoretical posts to cheese everyone off but then remind myself how many are actually massive lads fans?Fortunately the love of SAFC runs very deep and we will be back.

Apologies for any delay in responding. It's not an automated system (I'm replying to all ticket requests manually myself) so sometimes you get an instant reply and sometimes it takes a while longer. I work full-time in addition to doing this project so I'm not always sat in front of my computer. However, I have replied to all requests since I got in from work so you should have had a response now mate. Thank you
All done mate cheers

I see Mark Lawsons bought one. Good man. You know I always thought they were safc bookmarks in the books on that coffee table him and his guests sat around.
I remember Tony Parsons was nivver shy about hoying in a Spurs reference either. One show they were all discussing a good German composer who unfortunately was overshadowed by Beethoven during his lifetime and obviously ever since. Parsons critiqued “he was Sheringham to Klinsmanns Beethoven” which gives an idea of the programmes vintage. I can’t even remember what the programme was called.....anyway, well done Mark.

Shouldn’t he be in seaham though?

Logon or register to see this image
With due respect The Times Inn at Dalton le Dale was closed last time I passed recently and does not have a stand out wall facing the traffic anyway.

One of Rowell would be much better served being in the vicinity of Seaham Harbour if at all possible as that is now a busy and thriving area and would be seen by thousands in a far more high profile position. It would be wasted on The Times Inn.

Last edited:
With due respect The Times Inn at Dalton le Dale was closed last time I passed recently and does not have a stand out wall facing the traffic anyway.

One of Rowell would be much better served being in the vicinity of Seaham Harbour if at all possible as that is now a busy and thriving area and would be seen by thousands in a far more high profile position. It would be wasted on The Times Inn.

Not the Times Inn at Suddick?

Not the Times Inn at Suddick?
Yes, you’re right mate. I wrongly presumed the Times Inn near Seaham with Rowell originating from nearby.
Looks as though it could be fantastic but not a lot of people will see it under the Queen Alex Bridge. Be great to have it somewhere at either end of the bridge for the thousands who’d see it every day but understand if it’s people involved with the pub doing it. Good luck to them, these are great initiatives by genuine fans and local people that put the SAFCs lack of interest in our history to shame.

Last edited:
Yes, you’re right mate. I wrongly presumed the Times Inn near Seaham with Rowell originating from nearby.
Looks as though it could be fantastic but not a lot of people will see it under the Queen Alex Bridge. Be great to have it somewhere at either end of the bridge for the thousands who’d see it every day but understand if it’s people involved with the pub doing it. Good luck to them, these are great initiatives by genuine fans and local people that put the SAFCs lack of interest in our history to shame.

I would have thought the Dalton-Le-Dale Times Inn would have been a logical step but is it still open?
I know local residents were trying to get it reopened.
Ideally it would be good to have it more visible but good luck to the people at the Sunderland Times Inn.

I would’ve thought Monty would’ve been a more obvious candidate for a Suddick mural. FA Cup Winner, club appearance record holder and errrrh being born there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back