Boardmasters

Cancelled this year because of the weather which is going to have a massive effect on some poor souls. There’s the people with tickets bought from others who will loose their coin, all the people who have bought tickets for travel who won’t get refunds, hotels having rooms cancelled but the worst for me is the bloke who has re mortgaged his house to fund a bar set up in the venue only to be told last night that the venue is closed.
You can’t change the weather but I do feel for people

Saw this earlier today, something like 50,000 expected, wasn't there?

The surfing side is still going ahead at Fistral though, it was the music side at Watergate Bay that's been cancelled?
Surfing is still on and if the weather center gets it correct then it could be the best for years but it's the music side that's better attended
It's a shame when this happens but the decision would not have been taken lightly. It's for safety reasons.
Not lightly at all as the knock on to the area is massive. 50000 people spend a lot of money in the area and it's an area that needs it too

Last edited:
Was at Watergate bay couple of weeks ago on holiday, superb area for surfing, not me my son, seen them setting up on the top for the shows, it was on a huge scale, this being cancelled will have massive effect on the area.

Was at Watergate bay couple of weeks ago on holiday, superb area for surfing, not me my son, seen them setting up on the top for the shows, it was on a huge scale, this being cancelled will have massive effect on the area.
It's prime time for so many small firms and the cancellation could send a few under. I get its for safety reasons but it's going to hurt many

Love it down there, headed down two years running in the camper, camped up the lane in Treggurian then would take van down to Watergate bay, park up and on the beach all day, would walk back down on a night & have a few in Wax bar watching the sunset.

Love it down there, headed down two years running in the camper, camped up the lane in Treggurian then would take van down to Watergate bay, park up and on the beach all day, would walk back down on a night & have a few in Wax bar watching the sunset.
It's lovely mind. Try September next time if you can as the seas warmer and the roads are quieter. Its getting colder in the evenings but thats workable imo

Cancelled this year because of the weather which is going to have a massive effect on some poor souls. There’s the people with tickets bought from others who will loose their coin, all the people who have bought tickets for travel who won’t get refunds, hotels having rooms cancelled but the worst for me is the bloke who has re mortgaged his house to fund a bar set up in the venue only to be told last night that the venue is closed.
Yes I do feel sympathy for people who have lost out, but the cynic in me says that re mortgaging your house on a weather dependent event is not the wisest thing in the world. Hopefully he took out insurance, but I doubt it.

What’s the issue with the weather like? Never heard of a festival cancelled completely cos of weather before.

People who lost out complaining that the organisers should've taken into account the possible weather implications when setting up a festival on the top of cliffs next to the sea.

The same consideration they did not show when they bought tickets for a festival on the top of cliffs next to the sea.

One twat was going on about how he had spent £200 on clothes for it, that's your own daft fault. Who spends £200 on clothes to stand in a field for 2 days and kip in a f***ing tent????

What’s the issue with the weather like? Never heard of a festival cancelled completely cos of weather before.
Possible 50mph winds with the festival site perched at the top of the cliffs.

They had to cancel the Sunday in 2014 when the remnants of Hurricane Bertha hit the UK.
I was working at Boomtown (near Winchester) that weekend & there were several trees that took severe wind damage around the site.

Last edited:
Clarity bairns cancelled anarl, gutted.

They need to change the site for the main festival IMO, it's in a daft place on the top of the hill past Watergate, always feels bloody cold & windy when I've been.

They need to change the site for the main festival IMO, it's in a daft place on the top of the hill past Watergate, always feels bloody cold & windy when I've been.
I’ve only been once in 2003 I think when it was only one day. Seafret were a twinkle in their dads eyes but we watched toploader and Rooster amongst seafret and got soaked. It’s a lovely spot in the nice weather and the bairn loves going for the weekend.
The family Cornish were invited as the bands plus ones for Hyde and Beast a few years ago who seemed really impressed at the venue whilst fat muggings here had to work
Clarity bairns cancelled anarl, gutted.
Clarty?

Last edited:

Back