Boardmasters

What’s the issue with the weather like? Never heard of a festival cancelled completely cos of weather before.
50 mph winds and it’s on a cliff bigger than the Grotto
Yes I do feel sympathy for people who have lost out, but the cynic in me says that re mortgaging your house on a weather dependent event is not the wisest thing in the world. Hopefully he took out insurance, but I doubt it.
It’s a chance I guess.

Last edited:
Surfing is still on and if the weather center gets it correct then it could be the best for years but it's the music side that's better attended

Not lightly at all as the knock on to the area is massive. 50000 people spend a lot of money in the area and it's an area that needs it too
Over charging bastards.

I’ve only been once in 2003 I think when it was only one day. Seafret were a twinkle in their dads eyes but we watched toploader and Rooster amongst seafret and got soaked. It’s a lovely spot in the nice weather and the bairn loves going for the weekend.
The family Cornish were invited as the bands plus ones for Hyde and Beast a few years ago who seemed really impressed at the venue whilst fat muggings here had to work

Clarty?

I just think something at a lower level a little inland would be better to avoid high winds etc. It’s a spectacular view where it is now, no doubt about that.

A few years back the final day was cancelled for bad weather and Basitille who were due to headline played an impromptu gig in a cafe in town which was very cool.

Isn’t it a bit, you know, risky siting a festival there?
It’s been there since it was a small event but it’s just grown and grown over the years. I think there would be little objection if it was moved and it might be considered but who knows. Run To The Sun used to be at a campsite not far away but that wouldn’t be big enough for this

I’ve only been once in 2003 I think when it was only one day. Seafret were a twinkle in their dads eyes but we watched toploader and Rooster amongst seafret and got soaked. It’s a lovely spot in the nice weather and the bairn loves going for the weekend.
The family Cornish were invited as the bands plus ones for Hyde and Beast a few years ago who seemed really impressed at the venue whilst fat muggings here had to work

Clarty?
Aye! 😂

what happens when a festival gets cancelled at this short notice? do the bands still get paid?
Would probably depend on who's organising it. If it's a big concert promotion company then they'll probably have insurance and the band's will be paid from that. If it's some fly by night merchants that don't then I doubt they would.

I’d imagine after all this rain that a clarty festival would be a great success

If it’s called off by the organisation I would wonder if there’s a claim against the organisers as they can’t fulfill the contract ( unless there’s a bad weather clause )

The insurance company will have been involved in the process before it was called off, its normal in festival gigs and other outdoor ones of that magnitude.

the police will have a big say in it from a public safety angle. My mate has a big catering van which does gigs like this, he had one cancelled at the last minute a few years back, simply because the emergency services weren't able to drive an ambulance around the whole site without getting stuck ( after heavy rain) That was it, no safety certificate.

I’d imagine after all this rain that a clarty festival would be a great success

If it’s called off by the organisation I would wonder if there’s a claim against the organisers as they can’t fulfill the contract ( unless there’s a bad weather clause )
Just send the kids out to play in the fields.
Old school!

Back