Blyth Gigaplant

Envision are making batteries to a proven design for a guaranteed customer, British Volt had neither so no-one would provide the £3billion they needed to build it.
Across the rest of the world, battery gigafactories are springing up everywhere, in the UK none, even though we need 8 by 2030 to keep a viable car making industry in the UK.
Government paralysis has a lot to do with it, not just Brexit.

Reading into it, this just looks like one massive fuck up to me from the off.
There's plenty of idiots about in business, it's not surprising that people are blaming other factors on here mind.

Add to your list - Charging times and finding available charging points when on a long trip.
I'm not saying we don't need more infrastructure but I never have an issue with either of your points

Went to Birmingham and back yesterday , left home with 80% charge stopped for 15 mins at J28 on M1 to charge and stopped at Wetherby for 15 mins on way back got home with 45% battery , I could have bypassed Wetherby and made it home if I wanted to

I'm not saying we don't need more infrastructure but I never have an issue with either of your points

Went to Birmingham and back yesterday , left home with 80% charge stopped for 15 mins at J28 on M1 to charge and stopped at Wetherby for 15 mins on way back got home with 45% battery , I could have bypassed Wetherby and made it home if I wanted to
Fair enough. These are just my worries. I don`t have a full electric car so it`s not a problem for me yet but is something I`d be concerned with if I was buying an electric car.

7 years away from the 2030 deadline for no longer selling petrol/diesel cars. There is such a long, long way to go to build confidence in electric cars.

Add to your list - Charging times and finding available charging points when on a long trip.

We need the electricity capacity aswell. The national grid can barely cope at times as it is without thousands of electric cars charging on top of it.

We need the electricity capacity aswell. The national grid can barely cope at times as it is without thousands of electric cars charging on top of it.

Isn’t one of the big issues the lack of manufacturing and subsequent draw (output) on the system one of the issues? I know that one of the issues with renewables is balancing the grid system when the renewables are working.

Isn’t one of the big issues the lack of manufacturing and subsequent draw (output) on the system one of the issues? I know that one of the issues with renewables is balancing the grid system when the renewables are working.

Not too sure if I had to be totally honest.

Back