Blues Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's not a blues legend but the King could turn his hand to most genres, love this alt take of one of my favourites....

Digressing slightly but 20 years or so ago there used to be Blues nights in loads of pubs in Sunderland. The Borough always had a midweek gig on and The Kasbah just off Roker Ave was a cracking venue.

If I win the Lottery I’m buying the Ropery building and converting it into a music venue :lol:
Blues every Thursday night at the harbour view

Currently?

Is it solo stuff, a jam session or actual bands?
Featured band every other week with soloist duo's and others booked in every week its run by George shovlin and George lamb. They get some real talent on, Don airey Deep purples key player dropped in and did half an hour on Thursday I was on my hols and missed out

Featured band every other week with soloist duo's and others booked in every week its run by George shovlin and George lamb. They get some real talent on, Don airey Deep purples key player dropped in and did half an hour on Thursday I was on my hols and missed out

Thanks for the heads up mate. I moved through to Durham earlier in the year and it’s anazing what changes when you’re no longer there. Hadn’t realised The Worm was now “Victors” or that there was an “Aperitif” next to The Empire.

I’ll certainly check it out next time I stay through Sunderland.

If you like Blues Rock check out the Nimmo Brothers.

Local band?

Saw those two guys last year and they did not play what I would call blues. More folk than anything else.

Thanks for the heads up mate. I moved through to Durham earlier in the year and it’s anazing what changes when you’re no longer there. Hadn’t realised The Worm was now “Victors” or that there was an “Aperitif” next to The Empire.

I’ll certainly check it out next time I stay through Sunderland.

Local band?
Look George shovlins Facebook page he puts gigs on upstairs in the peacock /derry once a month or so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back