Blues Legends

Jeff Beck isn't a blues legend, surely.

I love the Jeff Beck Group albums but they're no more "blues" than Led Zep were.

The Collins and the Kings, yeah...but I'm afraid on the whole I prefer the white boy rockist take on the blues - God, Johnny Winter, SRV, Joe Bonamassa.

Good video and one I haven't seen before.

As already mentioned I'm not sure about Jeff Beck as a blues legend mind.

Stand out parts of that performance for me, apart from Albert Collins' sinus clearing tone from that tele, is, for his age, the power of BB King's vocals and his phrasing.

Fans of BB King will know of Live at the Regal, but if not then this is the bloke on absolutely top form.

"I gave you seven children and now you want to give 'em back"

:rolleyes: Nee Depeche mode like.
Or Oasis thankfully.

Jeff Beck isn't a blues legend, surely.

I love the Jeff Beck Group albums but they're no more "blues" than Led Zep were.

The Collins and the Kings, yeah...but I'm afraid on the whole I prefer the white boy rockist take on the blues - God, Johnny Winter, SRV, Joe Bonamassa.
We wouldn't have one without the other but I too prefer 'newer' white blues although Robert Cray is pretty fly for a black boy.

Last edited:
:rolleyes: Nee Depeche mode like.
@mini-x2

Good video and one I haven't seen before.

As already mentioned I'm not sure about Jeff Beck as a blues legend mind.

Stand out parts of that performance for me, apart from Albert Collins' sinus clearing tone from that tele, is, for his age, the power of BB King's vocals and his phrasing.

Fans of BB King will know of Live at the Regal, but if not then this is the bloke on absolutely top form.

"I gave you seven children and now you want to give 'em back"

I love listening to Albert Collins, always used a capo, agreed, his tone was brilliant. A one off.

Last edited:
Digressing slightly but 20 years or so ago there used to be Blues nights in loads of pubs in Sunderland. The Borough always had a midweek gig on and The Kasbah just off Roker Ave was a cracking venue.

If I win the Lottery I’m buying the Ropery building and converting it into a music venue :lol:

Digressing slightly but 20 years or so ago there used to be Blues nights in loads of pubs in Sunderland. The Borough always had a midweek gig on and The Kasbah just off Roker Ave was a cracking venue.

If I win the Lottery I’m buying the Ropery building and converting it into a music venue :lol:
Worth losing money on, I seen some cracking acts there when Daryl had it, Sonny Curtis and Chip Taylor ffs, in Sunderland during the week and for nowt! Both should sell out the Empire but I am just glad I was there.

Back