Bluebells at Roseberry Topping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamic range on digital cameras is improving all the time ye bells. IMO grads will be obsolete in a decade. As will HDR.

Dynamic range on digital cameras is improving all the time ye bells. IMO grads will be obsolete in a decade. As will HDR.

I have a 12 stop range digital back and filters are far from obsolete

I have a 12 stop range digital back and filters are far from obsolete

Never said they were, case in point is my 6d is 11 ev, and my 7d was closer to 10 ev.

Mirrorless can do better then 12 iirc. Some film can do 16, rods and cones can do 22.

A dual sensor camera could do 22 ev. We might never see that in an slr though.

Never said they were

:lol:

Ok , I have a 12 stop digital back and grads are far from obsolete

The info might be there, but you still struggle to pull it out and make it look natural in post processing

I predict a new wave of shite of people doing this badly , from high ev sensors

Dual sensor, I'm telling ye. Just like rods and cones. One for bright one for dark. And a brain to produce the final image.

The last bit is the tricky one ;)

People will want an auto function that does it, or it would be done in camera. I predict now that everything will have a vague HDR feel to it

Might be interesting to note that many of the most beautiful landscape photos have been created with velvia 50

An ev range of between 4 and 5 :eek:;)

Maybe there's an argument there that ev range matters not one jot...

I certainly don't see any obvious benefits of the phase one over velvia in terms of ev range

Never said they were, case in point is my 6d is 11 ev, and my 7d was closer to 10 ev.

Mirrorless can do better then 12 iirc. Some film can do 16, rods and cones can do 22.

A dual sensor camera could do 22 ev. We might never see that in an slr though.

With iris adaption. Only about 10ev simultaneous.

I am a fan of HDR done subtly, but like long exposure it will always be a camera trick IMHO.

Probably the future of everything

They could make flexible sensor that detect the lens and curve to get rid of lens distortion!

Interesting if they've managed to make a sheet of it. I guess it's fine if it can be stuck to something, I don't think they can make a sheet on its own yet

wasn't there some recent work that proved it to be inherently unstable? like luddite film based landscape photographers? :lol:

you abandoned film altogether? genuine question.. why switch? difficult to get hold of the film, getting the gear developed?

With film costing me 3-4k a year and increasing it was heading to a tipping point where the investment in the digi gear was good value and capable of producing the right quality result

That point arrived

There's still some things I'd do with film. If it cost nowt I'd still use it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back