Blue card trial

You got me there. I can't even think what season it might have been, or who could have been the third keeper. Maybe Martin Harvey?

Quinny did it a couple of times, and was very respectable as a keeper.
I’m thinking of an fa cup tie v Man Utd in the 60s

Certain we used 3 keepers
Monty went off injured
Replaced by Hurley then he got replaced

Last edited:

Absolute load of shite. Trying to constantly fix something that isn't broken. Football is huge globally and needs to be left alone. VAR, rule changes, competition changes, now this. Morons who are creating these ridiculous things.

Can a goalkeeper get a blue card? If so, outfield player goes in goal? But if not, the keeper can do what he wants? Bollocks.

Absolute load of shite. Trying to constantly fix something that isn't broken. Football is huge globally and needs to be left alone. VAR, rule changes, competition changes, now this. Morons who are creating these ridiculous things.

Can a goalkeeper get a blue card? If so, outfield player goes in goal? But if not, the keeper can do what he wants? Bollocks.
Already asked

If they want a specific time punishment then the game has to go to a stop clock format.
Any shrewd team will get a cramp or two, maybe take a slow substitution or even a (lucky) long var decision that will take the 10 minute penalty down to 3 or 4 minutes of playing time.

Most easiest way to stop time wasting is to stop the clock. Makes total sense. Which means it'll never be a thing.
Already asked

Load of bollocks mate leave the game alone imo.

Last edited:
Must admit, the old "take one for the team" foul is completely deserving of more than a yellow.
That one in the Euro's final, for example.

And minor to moderate dissent - some time to calm down rather than getting a 2nd yellow and being sent off would have saved Neil in the first Boro match.
I don’t really have much sympathy for cards for dissent. They’ve been told it’s a bookable offence yet continue to do it. Same with Ba the other week. Waving an imaginary card in the air. Deserved a booking. DN was probably one of the harsher ones but for me it just doesn’t need another card. The players and managers have gone on like dicks for years pretty much un punished.

I don’t really have much sympathy for cards for dissent. They’ve been told it’s a bookable offence yet continue to do it. Same with Ba the other week. Waving an imaginary card in the air. Deserved a booking. DN was probably one of the harsher ones but for me it just doesn’t need another card. The players and managers have gone on like dicks for years pretty much un punished.
Agreed. Just needs to be consistent

don’t see a problem trialling these ideas so long as they are open and honest and scrapped if they don’t work.
VAR make mistakes so arguably it doesn’t work, scrap it for me.
Goal line technology is spot on and works.
Time wasting these days is beyond a joke, including fake injuries, stop the clock, just give it a trial.

don’t see a problem trialling these ideas so long as they are open and honest and scrapped if they don’t work.
Time wasting these days is beyond a joke, including fake injuries, stop the clock, just give it a trial.
Very sensible, unfortunately the heads at the Fa don't do sensible

The feigning of injury needs to be combated somehow, do we think it would be possible to treat players whilst play goes on, alternatively I’ve long championed the idea that players going off after treatment must stay off for the same length of time that they had the game held up for, problem with that would be genuine injuries or the innocent party being punished unjustly.
P.S. All of these *head injuries * it should be made compulsory that a player goes off to be checked by a medical professional, not some magic sponge man on field.

Back