Blue card trial

I'm wondering how having to sit out for 10 mins will affect players physically. It's quite a long time.

First player is cooling down and sitting still, and then coming back on and having to get up to full tempo immediately. Can they run up and down the touchline to keep warmed up?

I'm wondering how having to sit out for 10 mins will affect players physically. It's quite a long time.

First player is cooling down and sitting still, and then coming back on and having to get up to full tempo immediately. Can they run up and down the touchline to keep warmed up?
What happens if a keeper is sin binned
Surely they can’t bring on a substitute keeper

What about any player "injured" and needing treatment in the last 10 minutes of a game has to go off after treatment, can't come back on, and no sub allowed for him.

Would be harsh on the genuine injuries, but would stop the fannies from time wasting.
I can imagine things could get pretty tasty around the 80 minute mark if they did that :lol:

It will be the same for all the players in the pitch. They’ll take an age of every goal kick, throw in and free kick. The team that got the blue card will suddenly have injured players that take 3/4 minutes to get sorted. Time wasting will be horrific.

Recall a Sunderland game from yonks ago

Certain we had 3 keepers in one game @Grumpy Old Man
Montgomery Hurley & another
You got me there. I can't even think what season it might have been, or who could have been the third keeper. Maybe Martin Harvey?
Maybe go back to the days when an outfield player had to take over.

Remember Vic Halom taking over from our injured keeper. He was actually quite good! And a laugh 😃

Not sure how it would go down in today's serious PL!
Quinny did it a couple of times, and was very respectable as a keeper.

Refs have the tools to deal with it but not the support. "Get off the fhucking pitch or you're booked".
Look at the poor fucker who correctly booked ginola twice for diving. Hell on. But, flair. But, gallic charm. But, the hair.
Maman, they're picking on me for my genius again.
The same people who run the game should not make and enforce the rules.

Sorry if Seb

What happens if one of the keepers get sin binned

Surely they can’t bring on a sub keeper
Do something similar to what they do in rugby if it's a front row forward sinbinned. Temporary sub keeper comes on an outfield player has to go off.
sin bin should be at least trialed, especially for simulation or diving. Has diving been reduced in the prem just from Yellow cards ya think?
It's been trialled at grassroots and appears to reduce dissent at least.

Last edited:
Do something similar to what they do in rugby if it's a front row forward sinbinned. Temporary sub keeper comes on an outfield player has to go off.

It's been trialled at grassroots and appears to reduce dissent at least.
ah so haha more restrictions on saying owt to figures of authority

My mate Bob (RIP) big Rugby fan would bring this up with regards to players and respect to the referee. Really good actually, lot of respect shown to the ref.

I wonder why BA showed the invisible card to the ref last week? is that starting to be seen more these days?

ah so haha more restrictions on saying owt to figures of authority

My mate Bob (RIP) big Rugby fan would bring this up with regards to players and respect to the referee. Really good actually, lot of respect shown to the ref.

I wonder why BA showed the invisible card to the ref last week? is that starting to be seen more these days?
It seems to be a French thing. He needs to get that out of his system, because if a blue card did come in, he'd be spending the next 10 minutes on his arse on the dugout.

If they want a specific time punishment then the game has to go to a stop clock format.
Any shrewd team will get a cramp or two, maybe take a slow substitution or even a (lucky) long var decision that will take the 10 minute penalty down to 3 or 4 minutes of playing time.

I wonder if there was this much drama when the game was shaken by the crazy decision to use a wooden bar instead of a rope between the posts?? At least any in-game punishment directly helps the team ‘wronged’ instead of potentially hindering your rivals on the next set of fixtures as suspensions do.

Back