Bloke sat fishing in a field - Herra country park.

Took the dog across to Herrington park earlier & there was a guy sat in the middle of the field (nowhere near water) just sat on his tackle box with his fishing rod just 'fishing'. Didn't have the balls to ask him what was happening in case he was one of those sociopath types. He even cast out then sat for a bit before reeling in and repeating. A very strange occurrence. Anyone want to own up to this?

Was he not just practicing his casting? I used to do this all the time as a kid.

Took the dog across to Herrington park earlier & there was a guy sat in the middle of the field (nowhere near water) just sat on his tackle box with his fishing rod just 'fishing'. Didn't have the balls to ask him what was happening in case he was one of those sociopath types. He even cast out then sat for a bit before reeling in and repeating. A very strange occurrence. Anyone want to own up to this?
Maybe you couldn’t see the lake :eek: See a doctor mate

Practicing. Checking his full set up before season starts. Poles, rods, reels, platforms, feeder arms, lines and rigs. When your sitting four or five hours on a box it needs to be right. Or you will end up with a bad back. Match fisherman probably.
Mind I wouldn’t go to herra park and practice when there is a lake there to practice on.

Practicing. Checking his full set up before season starts. Poles, rods, reels, platforms, feeder arms, lines and rigs. When your sitting four or five hours on a box it needs to be right. Or you will end up with a bad back. Match fisherman probably.
Mind I wouldn’t go to herra park and practice when there is a lake there to practice on.

They're all wronguns anyway, Sea Anglers are the real men of the sport.

Back