Black's Corner plans to transform Seaburn tram shelter

You mean like a 5* hotel with infinity pool and wedding/conference centre?
That’s what’s needed in Sunderland, following Covid the leisure economy will boom. Need to flatten office blocks and redevelop them pronto.
Must be another one he's just made up. Unless he's not talking about Sunderland at all.

Still waiting.
If you wait long enough maybe you’ll put two and two together.

That’s what’s needed in Sunderland, following Covid the leisure economy will boom. Need to flatten office blocks and redevelop them pronto.

If you wait long enough maybe you’ll put two and two together.
No. Still no idea what you're talking about. Any clues?

Think he’s referring to Simpson St school?
Well he would have a fair point if he means that.

It got in the way of a major council development, the most important development in the city (the new carriageways from the bridge into town).

Obviously it couldn't be knocked down so it got set of fire. Then they had another go at it and it was set on fire a second time when the first one didn't destroy it enough to demolish it.

It's clear as day what is going on there. They've now had to spend a fortune doing it up as a result of that stupidity.

No I don't have any evidence.

It got in the way of a major council development, the most important development in the city (the new carriageways from the bridge into town).

Obviously it couldn't be knocked down so it got set of fire. Then they had another go at it and it was set on fire a second time when the first one didn't destroy it enough to demolish it.

It's clear as day what is going on there. They've now had to spend a fortune doing it up as a result of that stupidity.

Except he said it was demolished, which this wasn't. So no one has a scooby WTF he is talking about.

Except he said it was demolished. So no one has a scooby WTF he is talking about.
Ah fairs I missed that.

Still if his point is that there are funny goings on when it comes to properties that get in the way of council plans then I think he is on to something.

It was set on fire once, it didn't damage it and it didn't get knocked down

I totally disagree.

I think the acquisition of the council setting it on fire is a load of bollocks, the road was already being constructed around the building prior to any fire. Moreover they had a developer willing to renovate it. I also think there was a local arsonist arrested. There are loads of fires around the sheepfolds and deptford, with people setting fire to pretty much anything. I was walking through galleys gill park and some nuggets had set fire to the rubber feet used to support herras fencing.
And what about the civic centre?

civic centre has not been set on fire has it? Again can’t see council doing that as they’d be liable for the potential spread of asbestos across the city.

Last edited:
It was set on fire once, it didn't damage it and it didn't get knocked down

The council simply wouldn’t be allowed to do such a thing. They could be questioned over how they looked after the building and if it was secure, acting negligible in that respect but certainly can’t imagine them purposely setting fire to it.

Back